The four Radio Survivors—Jennifer Waits, Matthew Lasar, Eric Klein and Paul Riismandel—come together to reflect on 100 episodes of the podcast, and 8 years of Radio Survivor, sharing some favorite moments, and some thoughts about the future of community media. Importantly, Matthew observes that “radio is dead” articles and think-pieces have subsided as of late, perhaps marking a new era where radio and audio media are as converged as video and TV.
Radio Survivor is a listener-supported podcast. You can support us two ways:
- Spinning indie radio station tours
- Jennifer’s 2008 tour of WNUR
- Mediageek Radio Show: “The Value of College Radio” with guest Jennifer Waits (July, 2009)
- Matthew’s video: A quick tour of Thrillhouse Records
- Podcast #48: 100 Radio Station Tours
- Podcast #24: The Value of High School Radio
- Podcast #96 – Are Smart Speakers Smart for Community Radio?
- DJ B’s Library Tour
- Denver Public Library Brings Local Band Radio to the City
- Podcast #57 – Celebrating the Mosaic of Community Radio
- Podcast #71 – Bolivia Is the Birthplace of Community Radio
- Podcast #88 – From Color Bar Radio to WRIR
- Podcast #86 – Radio Resistance from an Alternate Universe