Why will we hear more Rush and Hannity on the FM Dial? Prof. John Anderson of Brooklyn College explains the FCC’s AM Revitalization Order, why it happened, and what will result. Then we discuss why Cumulus Media, the nation’s 2nd largest commercial radio owner, is in trouble, with its stock tanking big time..
Jennifer Waits reports back from this year’s College Broadcasters Inc. convention, and then takes us on a tour of Minneapolis college station Radio K. And Matthew Lasar explains why every squatters camp should have its own radio station.
- FCC’s AM Revitalization = Move AM Stations to FM
- DIYmedia.net: AM Revitalization Order Released
- Cumulus Meltdown: Consolidation Karma
- Radio Stuff Podcast #115 – In this episode Larry Gifford (@giffordtweet) goes back in time to walk in the footsteps of Cumulus founders Lew and John Dickey to find out how two young upstarts from Ohio, who became Wall Street darlings, ultimately were forced out of their leadership roles at the company.
- College Radio Watch: CBI Recap, Minneapolis Radio History and More News
- My Grand Tour of College Radio Station Radio K
- Solving the Mystery of the Ubiquitous Radio Station Call Letter Signs: The Leo Blais Interview
Just one dollar a month makes you a patron of Radio Survivor. Help us through our Patreon Campaign!