FCC Chairman Ajit Pai is serving up a big cup of you-know-what for net neutrality, declaring his intent to decimate the 2 year-old Open Internet Order and the Title II protections it bestows on the internet. Prof. Christopher Terry from the University of Minnesota joins to help us understand what Chairman Pai intends to do, why, and what the stakes are for all of us. He also tackles iHeartMedia’s desperate finances, and why the fate of the company formerly known as Clear Channel matters to all of radio.
Radio Survivor can now be heard on community radio XRAY.fm in Portland, OR every Friday at noon, on 91.1 FM and 107.1 FM.
Radio Survivor is a listener and reader supported media outlet. We provide the most consistent coverage of community, college and independent radio because of people just like you. Please make a contribution to help us keep doing this important work.
- Podcast #85 – Dreaming of a Better CPB
- Sally Kane of the NFCB explained the importance of CPB funding for tribal stations on episode #81
- Use GoFCCYourself.com to comment on the FCC’s plans to dismantle net neutrality.
- Prof. Christopher Terry on Twitter
- Open Internet Back in the Crosshairs
- The FCC’s Legacy on Media Ownership: Now with More Failure!
- Podcast #33 – 20 Years Ago Local Radio Was Crushed
Just one dollar a month makes you a patron of Radio Survivor. Help us through our Patreon Campaign!