Our intrepid radio tourist Jennifer Waits will be attending two big radio conferences this fall, the 2016 Grassroots Radio Conference and CBI’s National Student Electronic Media Convention. She gives us a preview of what’s in store, what she’s presenting, and let’s us in on some of the stations she’s planning to visit along the way.
Paul shares some news from the commercial radio industry. One middle-sized radio owner has a plan to get bigger, while tripling its debt load, while the nation’s largest radio broadcaster gets ready to jump into the streaming music subscription market.
Big thanks go to our Patreon supporters who are helping to fund Jennifer’s radio tours this fall. Support from listeners like you help us produce the program and share stories of community and college radio that would otherwise go unreported. Please consider making your contribution today at http://patreon.com/radiosurvivor. Every single dollar counts.
- Matthew Lasar guests on KPFA’s Upfront with Brian Edwards Tiekert
- iHeartMedia confirms: On-demand, two flavors, January launch
- Beasley’s Debt Will Triple with Greater Media Acquisition
- Grassroots Radio Conference 2016
- Dig into the Archives: Haverford Radio
- 2016 CBI National Student Electronic Media Convention
- Podcast #34 – Part One on Haverford College Radio History
- Podcast #35 – Part Two on Haverford College Radio History
- Radio Survivor Podcast #11: Celebrating National Radio Day with PhillyCam Radio
Just one dollar a month makes you a patron of Radio Survivor. Help us through our Patreon Campaign!