Michael Savage: Ron Paul supporters are hysterical, dyed-in-wool liberals

Earlier this week we explored how left wing listener supported radio station KPFA in Berkeley is debating Republican libertarian candidate Ron Paul. Just to be bi-partisan, now let’s see how conservative talk radio guy Michael Savage is handling the Texas Congressional representative. Keep in mind that several months ago, Savage offered Newt Gingrich a million dollars to get out of the primary race, “for the sake of the nation.”

Savage: All right, let’s take the callers. Barbara in New York on WOR, go ahead please.

Barbara: Michael, it won’t make any difference if Obama wins or not, because all the Republican candidates are the same. And you know the only candidate, the “deranged” Ron Paul, is the only one who has spoken out against, not only NDAA, but SOPA, Stop Online Piracy Act . . . he spoke out against the Patriot Act years ago. He’s the only one warning about the fascism and oppression coming to America. And he’s been right.

Savage: Hold on. He is right, but he’s not electable.

Barbara: You supported John McCain four years ago, and who was the author of the . . .

Savage: Woah woah woah hold on a minute. Stop. You wanted me to support Obama?

Barbara: No. I want you to support the candidate that supports the constitution.

Savage: Wait. Don’t get hysterical. Please. It’s one thing to say the man has some good ideas and some crazy ideas. It’s another thing to be a realist and ask yourself ‘could he beat Obama.’ You don’t really believe that he could beat Obama, do you?

Barbara: That’s where you are wrong. You think nutcase Newt can beat Obama?

Savage: No. When did I say that? Ma’am. Ma’am. Stop. You sound like you are hysterical. You sound just like Ron Paul. Why are all the Ron Paul addicts so hysterical (I’d like to know)?

Barbara: Because they care about this country and they’re tired . . .

Savage: You mean only you care about the country? I don’t care about the country?

Barbara: Let me just say this: the Republicans are no different from the Democrats. Not one of them has spoken out against NDAA or SOPA or the Patriot Act; they’re all for going all over and bombing all over . . .

Savage: Well, you’re wrong. When you say ‘none of them have spoken out,’ you mean none of the Republican Senators?

Barbara: None of the Republican candidates have spoken out against NDAA, except for Ron Paul.

Savage: Ok. On this point you are correct. But this still does not make the crackpot electable.

Barbara: He’s not a crackpot, Michael. He’s been saying things that you agree with.

Savage: Really. He’s being saying things that I agree with? You mean I agree that Israel should be annihilated and disappeared off the planet like he does? . . . You want me to play the sound bite? . . . [a lengthy debate about Israel ensued; see update below]

Barbara: Michael, I’ve been voting since 1972. I voted for George McGovern because he was anti-war, so it’s not like I’m naive and—

Savage: So you’re confirming what I suspect. Most people who support Ron Paul are dyed-in-the-wool liberals.

Barbara: I’m not a liberal! . . . I’m an American!

[UPDATE – readers are complaining that I left out the part of the debate that focused on Israel. I just thought it was too long and involved, but due to popular demand, here goes]:

Savage: I will be happy to play the sound bit of Ron Paul basically calling for Israel’s non-existence.

Barbara: No he’s not. And he’s the only one, let me remind you, in 1980 or ’81, when Israel bombed the nuclear power plant in Iran [actually, it was Iraq], the only one who supported it was Ron Paul! Because Ron Paul believes that Israel should take care of herself, she should have the right to defend herself, without any kind of overseer by the United States.

Savage: That’s all well and good, but where is Israel supposed to get its arms from, since all of its weaponry is American. Other than the domestically manufactured material, where is Israel supposed to get its munitions from? The bunker busting bombs that it has come from the United States of America. So that’s a moot point to say that Israel should defend itself. Without weapons it can’t defend itself.

Barbara: It’s got plenty of weapons, Michael, and you know it. It’s got more weapons probably than we do by now. And they do a damn pretty good job of defending themselves. Remember the raid on Entebbe? They do very well.

Savage: Entebbe was a long time ago. That’s when they had real leadership in Israel, before the people with Saks Fifth Avenue charge accounts took over the country. That’s before the Russians came to Israel. That’s when Israel was still Israel. Israel is a shell of its former self.

Barbara: It’s up to Israel to get its own leadership, like its up to the United States to get its leadership that’s authorized by the constitution.

, ,

83 Responses to Michael Savage: Ron Paul supporters are hysterical, dyed-in-wool liberals

1. James January 5, 2012 at 12:57 pm #

Sounds like savage got owned by a Paul supporter.

RP 2012!

2. FREEDOM is more important than beating Obama January 5, 2012 at 1:33 pm #

No, Michael, you don’t care about the country…unless you’re talking about the country of Israel. You are a terrorist who hates us all for our freedoms. Why don’t you go over to the middle east and stand on the border of Iran….make sure to stay there as long as it takes for the war to break out. You won’t be missed.

Ok…It was good to get that out. I’ve been PC long enough. I’m going to start attacking them using the same “logic” and “facts” that they do. If they can do it so can I. From now on…you’re all TERRORISTS who should be disappeared and taken to Guatanamo and warterboarded….or whatever insane thing I feel like calling you at the moment. If you’re going to insist on calling me “insane” “lunatic” “hysterical” because I support the only candidate who supports the constitution, freedom and peace…then by god I’m going to start acting like an insane lunatic who is hysterical.

3. James D January 5, 2012 at 1:34 pm #

Barbara sure knows her stuff. Savage has years on the radio – the master voice. He controls the conversation and can cut her off at any time. But she avoids his deflection of the issues and masterfully re-directs him to the facts he wants to avoid.

Kudos, Barbara! You deserve your own radio talk show!

4. Joe F. January 5, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

Barbara was fantastic! If Israel is really in need of weapons, they can start producing more of their own, or start

a transition over to purchasing European armaments. Israel is a wonderful nation, but they aren’t our 51st state! If

Mr. Savage loves Israel so much, he should give up his U.S. citizenship and become an Israeli citizen. What is his

problem? Finally, Iran would lose big time in a war against Israel…Mr. Savage is apparently frightened of small third-

world nations. By the way, I am a Conservative Catholic.

5. Jeff January 5, 2012 at 2:01 pm #

Savage got owned. He’s calling Ron Paul a nutcase. Have you ever heard his show? Give me a break.

6. Savannah January 5, 2012 at 2:15 pm #

Ron Paul is the one that polls HIGHEST as far as any GOP candidate who has a chance to beat Obama. Even CNN – which by no means supports Ron Paul – admits this

“Who does best against Obama? Paul. The congressman from Texas, who also ran as a libertarian candidate for president in 1988 and who is well liked by many in the tea party movement, trails the president by only seven points (52 to 45 percent) in a hypothetical general election showdown. ”

That was back in May, before the surge in Ron Paul’s popularity in the past couple of months.

Note also that the Iowa vote showed around 50% of Independents voted for Ron Paul. Without the support of Independents, NO GOP candidate can beat Obama. Period.

7. John C. January 5, 2012 at 2:15 pm #

This woman did an awesome job.

I just can’t understand why anyone would want to listen to a talk radio show where the host stifles debate by constantly talking over the caller and calling her hysterical when she is making good points. This guy is almost as bad a Mark Levin. When you finally make it past the screener, you have to talk fast, otherwise these guys completely monopolize the conversation.

8. brian January 5, 2012 at 2:17 pm #

Savage is the Liberal. So Savage will vote for Romney over Paul because of his looks? Savage is as low as you can go. Who cares about the Constitution, who cares about the economic down turn and bancrupting of the country.. Savage will vote for a liberal because of his looks because he thinks the American people are so dumb they will only vote for looks.. I invite Savage to look at the Presidents that have passed before.. Many of them are down right UGLY.. You are wrong Savage. You are the ultimate pinhead. Seriously, how stupid can one man get? They all ask Ron Paul if he is going to run 3rd party.. Ron Paul does not have to run 3rd party because true Ron Paul Republicans will not vote for any of the stooges the Republican party has paraded infront of Ron Paul. I hope you like Obama for 4 more years Savage. You who votes for looks over substance. one of the dumbest individuals I have ever heard. I will gaurantee you this.. Ron Paul gets the nomination, Ron Paul wins the general election 65% to 35%.. but because of jerks like O’Reilly, Hannity, Savage, and Rush Douchebag LIMPbaugh, the only true Conservative lover of Constitution and Freedom and LIBERTY does not get any backing. You people are pathetic.. Savage, you and your ilk will pay for what you have done. wether its Romney or Obama, this Country goes down and people just like you will suffer like the rest of us. Just because you voted for looks over substance. You are a joke. As dumb as a rock. Its ok tho.. Ron Paul does not you. the American people are waking up. They see the game that you and the other Idiots are playing. Your time is almost up.

9. republican mother January 5, 2012 at 2:21 pm #

Where’s the transcript portion about Israel where Barbara smoked Savage???

Ron Paul gets the MOST independent votes. Those are facts. Obama supporters are crossing over for Ron Paul in droves.

I used to be a total neocon, but I’m a Ron Paul supporter now. I’m an independent, fundamental Baptist, by the way.

The Iowa Caucus showed that Ron Paul got nearly half the independent vote. That is HUGE in winning a national election. None of the other GOP candidates can come close to that.

10. brian January 5, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

Savage is the Liberal. So Savage will vote for Romney over Paul because of his looks? Savage is as low as you can go. Who cares about the Constitution, who cares about the economic down turn and bankrupting of the country.. Savage will vote for a liberal because of his looks because he thinks the American people are so dumb they will only vote for looks.. I invite Savage to look at the Presidents that have passed before.. Many of them are down right UGLY.. You are wrong Savage. You are the ultimate pinhead. Seriously, how stupid can one man get? They all ask Ron Paul if he is going to run 3rd party.. Ron Paul does not have to run 3rd party because true Ron Paul Republicans will not vote for any of the stooges the Republican party has paraded infront of Ron Paul. I hope you like Obama for 4 more years Savage. You who votes for looks over substance. one of the dumbest individuals I have ever heard. I will gaurantee you this.. Ron Paul gets the nomination, Ron Paul wins the general election 65% to 35%.. but because of jerks like O’Reilly, Hannity, Savage, and Rush Douchebag LIMPbaugh, who call themselves “conservative” won’t get behind the man who would end up being the greatest President this Country has known. The man who follows the Republican platform. The only true Conservative lover of Constitution and Freedom and LIBERTY does not get any backing. You people are pathetic.. Savage, you and your ilk will pay for what you have done. wether its Romney or Obama, this Country goes down and people just like you will suffer like the rest of us. Just because you voted for looks over substance. You are a joke. As dumb as a rock. Its ok tho.. Ron Paul does not need you. the American people are waking up. They see the game that you and the other Idiots are playing. Your time is almost up. Savage go back to the Democratic party where you belong. You are a closet communist. You like McCain are the waring faction of the Democratic party. Just go back to being the progressive pro war moron you are. Go back putting a (D) BEHIND YOUR NAME. You sure don’t deserve to have the (R). Eisenhower, Taft and our foundering fathers are spinning in their graves over dimwitts like you.. You are not a Republican.

11. rufrignkidnme January 5, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

Obama would be devestated in debate with Ron Paul and no teleprompters. His ideas won’t stand up to the light shined on them by Paul.

I’m a 30 year republican who has considered my self A goldwater conservative. Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate running for the GOP nomination who should even be allowed to say the word conservative in refference to themselves.

Savage isn’t very intelligent or he’s been bought or threatened.

These faceholes need to just top fighting it and accept that the revolution is here and will have our liberties or something else.

12. Sharon January 5, 2012 at 2:45 pm #

@Joe F.: Also if Israel wants protection they can use the money that they earned by SELLING Patriot Missiles to Saudi Arabia last week. These were given to Israel via the american taxpayers so that Israel would be able to protect itself along with the rest of their 300 nuclear weapons. Israel are you feeling safer now after your deal with the saudis who absolutely hate you? The nutcake Savage never discussed this with his zombie Fox news listeners!

13. Sher January 5, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

Barbara did a wonderful point to point. MS is passionate and I agree with most of what he has to say; just as I agree with most of what Ron Paul stands for.

Problem is we get information from ‘sound bites’ and what ‘they’ want us to know. With further research you’d discover how you’ve been mislead on both of these men.

If anyone has been a long time listener to MS you know how he has been maligned. MS has broken stories the msm wouldn’t touch, or became ‘news’ on other conservative talk shows weeks later.

Given the stress we are undergoing, thanks to the economy and the current administration, we don’t have the time it takes to really research the history or current trends affecting our world situation.

Congressman Paul is right, if everyone would take the time to read the background behind his ‘sound bites’. We should be Israels ‘back’ not their ‘front’.

As for Ron’s Middle East policy…can you wrap your 21st century mind around a 15th century tribal mentality? Tribes rule the Middle East. Nothing is going to change that. We do not belong to any tribe over there and never will….

Empathy is a powerful virtue we need to use more often.

14. A Time for Paul January 5, 2012 at 3:16 pm #

First, …..Consider this Mr. Savage, you make an observation that Barbara sounds hysterical. You,Michael, talk on the radio each and every day, your callers don’t, and they get nervous just waiting to get on,….and they fear being bumped off….so they are anxious, nervous, excited,etc. It is amazing how disrespectful the majority of radio host are to the people that call in if they happen to have opposing opinions.

Secondly, Michael, you may “know” people….but you don’t KNOW me, or the millions of other R.Paul supporters. Ron Paul “is” electable, he has proven it in his doubling of numbers and in the amazing growth of his supporter base. Now….that being said, …. the question is…do the neo cons want him? Nope…they do NOT!

So let’s be honest with all of this Michael. He IS electable, he could win the nomination, he would do an outstanding job in a debate against Obama (obama’s greatest weakness is that he CAN’T think on his feet withOUT his teleprompter.), especially if true questions of depth and knowledge were required.

So, as I said let’s be honest, the GOP KNOWS that R.Paul is not ONLY electable, he could win, and THIS scares them! The real truth is THEY DON’T WANT HIM TO WIN. That and only that is the truth.

So cut the B.S. and just tell the truth. Is he electable? Of course he is! He can win, but, WE (the GOP neo cons) DON”T WANT HIM, AND WE ARE WILLINGLY TO HAND THE PRESIDENCY BACK OVER TO OBAMA FOR 4 MORE YEARS TO PROVE IT.

Now, if the GOP came out and said that…..by golly I would have a lot more respect for them, you, Faux News, and the rest of the mainstream, etc. You people are simply to cowardly to admit the truth.

15. BettyLiberty January 5, 2012 at 3:53 pm #

Michael Savage doesn’t realize that disenchanted Democrats and Independents aren’t going to vote for a Theocratic neo-con chickenhawk warmonger: Santorum. And why should they bother to switch over for Romney? He and Obama are virtually identical on paper. They even share many of the same campaign donors. They will cross over for Ron Paul – and THAT is why Paul’s the one to defeat Ogolfer.

16. Theresa January 5, 2012 at 3:53 pm #

Michael,

I am a wife and mother who is college educated. I am a Christian who has always voted conservatively. I have a quiet personality and have normally been apathetic towards politics. That is, until I and my husband discovered Ron Paul. I am certainly not a liberal. I am an American and I am a Ron Paul supporter. I’m not sure if the things you say are just for entertainment value, or if you actually believe them. If you are sincere, I’d like you to know that many regular folks are starting to wake up to our country’s situation. We are realizing that there is only one man that understands what liberty is about. That gentleman is Ron Paul. He is one of my heros – a man of courage and a man that speaks the truth. A rare find indeed.

17. DerekB January 5, 2012 at 4:07 pm #

Hold on, now, why did you skip out the part where you said “Israel is a shell of its former self” and replace it with [lengthy debate about Israel ensues]…?

18. schwartzer January 5, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

The woman owned you bitch!

19. joeybolz January 5, 2012 at 4:36 pm #

“Now, you know Michael, you’re a lot smarter than your average listener” lmao! Mike,, Savage: soma for boobus americanus. RON PAUL 2012!

20. Matthew Lasar January 5, 2012 at 4:38 pm #

Hey @DerekB and @republicanmother . . . I left out the Israel part because I just didn’t feel like transcribing the whole thing, and the Israel discussion felt a bit convoluted. But at your request, I’ve added it on.

21. Bob Vondruska January 5, 2012 at 4:39 pm #

Michael, I thought you were on the side of the good guys. Not too long ago, I was driving through California’s central valley listening to your program and you appeared to be onboard with Ron Paul and his ideas. Now, that it is becoming more clear each day that Ron Paul is going to win the Republican nomination, you are doing the same thing as Rush and Hannity……bashing the guy. Well you know what Michael, it’s very transparent what is happening here; you know (just as Rush and Hannity) that you will have nothing to bitch about if Ron Paul becomes president and we have a Republican House and Senate. No more complaining about the left, and nothing but good things to say about the great job that Ron Paul is doing. Sounds like you and your two “neocon” cohorts will be out of a job in 2013!

Ron Paul 2012!!

22. Robert Stone January 5, 2012 at 4:52 pm #

Mr. Savage you seem very juvenile in your understanding of Ron Paul. Just because someone doesn’t rattle the saber and want to go to war doesn’t mean they are anti Israel.

Maybe you never heard of diplomacy and see the effects of communication instead of bullying and force; and perhaps you haven’t heard yet that your economy is about to collapse … and that your civil liberties are eroding every day.. yet all you can think of is Israel? Israel is a friend not a state of the USA.

As for Ron Paul supporters a bunch of liberals, that is WAY out of line with truth. We are a WIDE range of people, many of whom are ultra conservative in every area including me. Either you are very naive and ignorant or you are just a stooge and pawn for globalists

23. SteveMT January 5, 2012 at 5:00 pm #

Benjamin Netanyahu is not a liar, IMO. Why shouldn’t we believe him?

Ron Paul is also not a liar. Ron Paul is the most honest trustworthy man in Congress, who the lobbyists cannot corrupt, and he has the 22 year voting record to prove it.

Excerpt from: Speech by PM Netanyahu to a Joint Meeting of the U.S. Congress

24 May 2011

“My friends, you don’t need to do nation building in Israel. We’re already built. You don’t need to export democracy to Israel. We’ve already got it. You don’t need to send American troops to defend Israel. We defend ourselves. You’ve been very generous in giving us tools to do the job of defending Israel on our own. Thank you all, and thank you President Obama, for your steadfast commitment to Israel’s security. I know economic times are tough. I deeply appreciate this.”

24. Robert Stone January 5, 2012 at 5:08 pm #

Ron Paul is not against war. He has said if a country is a threat to us he will go in and END the threat quickly instead of using war as a lifestyle endangering our soldiers and making enemies.

The LAW of our land says.. Congress declares war not the president

25. IMissLiberty January 5, 2012 at 5:09 pm #

Free market solution: sell weapons to Israel. No need to rob Social Security or print money to deliver them in person.

26. brandon January 5, 2012 at 5:25 pm #

so paul draws in 8-1 moderates and independents in iowa and he’s unelectable HA!

27. MAUIBRAD January 5, 2012 at 5:34 pm #

LOL! Love it when she dropped the bomb on Michael, “No, I’m JEWISH!” LOL! UP YOURS SAVAGE!

28. We need our Constition back! January 5, 2012 at 5:39 pm #

Barbara was amazing. I wish she had her own show. She seemed to have facts and integrity unlike Savage.

29. AG January 5, 2012 at 6:08 pm #

Wow, I’ve never heard a more arrogant non-thinking individual in my life than this Savage guy. I’d expect debate skills like his from an OWS professional protestor. He talks just like a big government liberal thief. His foreign policy of destroying the bill of rights for the sake of a country we don’t even have a treaty with is tantamount to absolute lunacy. I heard he was a real prick but I never had the puke on the floor pleasure of hearing him. Your politics don’t stand up to rational thinking fatuous ass. Have a nice life SavageLimbaughLevinHannityO’Reilly, now you go away.

30. Reason January 5, 2012 at 6:13 pm #

Savage got OWNED by that caller – his true propaganda colors shined right through…

31. Hey! Pull My Finger! January 5, 2012 at 6:20 pm #

Michael Savage<Talk Radio Network<Clear Channel Communications<Bain Capital (Mitt Romney)<Umbrella Group<Assorted Investors Including Goldman Sachsters

32. NoFreedom January 5, 2012 at 7:40 pm #

Bravo Barbara! You should have your own talk show…I would listen every night lol

Savage is a true nutcase with a short fuse. Talk about hysterical??? I’ve heard him in the past screaming and yelling to the point that I thought my radio would explode! Savage is a pompous, arrogant bully. I can’t believe that he is even still on the radio. Barbara is my new hero and she was spot on with every comment and never lost her cool even when Savage was so condescending to her. Savage is the real crazy person who thrives on attention however he can get it.

33. Mark January 5, 2012 at 7:47 pm #

Play the soundbite,so your for electing an inferior candidate to run the country just to beat Obama and you call her a crack pot you sir are pathetic.

If only you would just go away…

34. Jake January 5, 2012 at 8:05 pm #

So is Michael Savage saying that he supports the candidates based on looks?

35. Rick Lens January 5, 2012 at 8:14 pm #

Maybe Savage is bisexual. I think it would then make sense that he would choose a younger, less wise and “better looking” Romney over an older and more principled Ron Paul. Besides, Savage’s show is very popular and he is not exactly GQ material. But more importantly, Romney IS Obama. There is not ONE fudamental difference.

36. David January 5, 2012 at 8:15 pm #

Call the bluff! Play the soundbite and explain why he’s unelectable… Just call the bluff, just repeating lies doesn’t make the true.

Check the stats out of Iowa, they viewed Ron Paul as one of the most conservatives, And he got 40% of the independent votes.

How do you get elected president? You attract your core followers(republicans) and try to win over as many independents/democrats as possible. Obviously Ron Paul can do that! So call the bluff, why is he unelectable?!

37. Rich January 5, 2012 at 8:17 pm #

Savage is the “crack pot” and he’s unAmerican! vote for principle not who we think will win!!! What the hell is Un-electable mean anyways!

All these media BSers keep saying that hoping to scare people away from real ideals! Obama has the worst approval rating among people than any President I’ve ever seen. Polls are hevely manipulated to assist the establishment.

Savage you’re over man! Your ratings are gonna take a big hit for this!

RON PAUL 2012!!!

38. Carole January 5, 2012 at 8:51 pm #

I would like to believe that michael is just really naive, but I’m not going to decieve myself. He is part of the problem.

He knows exactly what his role is. The gig is up. You’re all going down for your complicity in trying to dismantle this great

nation.

Thanks, Barbara – for exposing another wolf in sheep’s clothing……….Ron Paul 2012!!

I have sworn upon the altar of god, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. ~ Thomas Jefferson

America – Wake Up & Repent! Condemnation without investigation is the highest form of ignorance. ~ Albert Einstein

39. Regina January 5, 2012 at 9:09 pm #

I, for one, am kind of hysterical. When I see my civil liberties being stripped away, think that any U.S. citizen could be hauled away without warning and no representation, U.S. citizens murdered without due process, my children potentially fondled by high school drop outs at an airport, Police Dept. drones funded by Homeland Security surveiling overhead, I hear crazy talk by those who want to start another war, the country is going bankrupt yet they won’t cut spending, yes, I kind of think you’re a lunatic if you’re not hysterical.

40. Alex January 5, 2012 at 9:27 pm #

Savage got his arse handed to him by Barbara.

By the way Savage, when you use smear and childish name calling like “nut case” or “crack pot” – you immediately lose the argument, as you ran out of arguments. AUTOMATICALLY. This rule goes back to Roman empire.

41. El Buggo January 5, 2012 at 9:29 pm #

Ron Paul isn’t weak or soft on National Defence at all. Here is just one quote:

Paul condemned the SALT II agreement, saying of it that “this would probably lead to permanent US weakness and the make the Soviet Union the undisputed military superpower in the world.”

More here: http://www.thenewamerican.com/history/american/8677-ron-paul-as-an-anti-communist-cold-warrior

42. missourimike January 5, 2012 at 9:32 pm #

Come on Michael Savage. Endorse Ron Paul for President. You know you want to.

43. Mark January 5, 2012 at 9:36 pm #

So, I agree with pretty much everything that everyone has written prior to my comment, so I won’t really regurgitate it all. I just wanted to say that you all can put me down as Ron Paul supporter who is not only a Jew, but a Jew with relatives in Israel.

So there, Savage. Take that. Ha.

44. Mary S January 5, 2012 at 9:46 pm #

Michael Savage is unlistenable.

I used to tune in regularly. I only listen now when nothing else is on due to Savage’s extreme egotism, self-promoting rants and delusions of grandeur. His contempt for his listeners is plain.

Now that he is attacking Ron Paul so viciously and unfairly, I will never listen again.

Barbara, you were great – extremely knowledgeable.

45. Michael January 5, 2012 at 9:49 pm #

Everybody that reads this comment, post this on your Facebook or whichever social network you use. The way this article is titled, people that have an aversion to Ron would be quicker to read it, as they would expect it to give them a warm feeling. But any person, after reading this, will be permanently changed to a mindset that at the minimum begins to understand Ron’s stances. Instead of just the typical, “he’s weird”. Ron really does unite so many people, Christians and “heathens”, educated and unlearned, rich and poor, liberal and conservative. He is an exceptional paradigm for not just the GOP but also the MSM to have to comprehend and to admit that he exists and has a majority following-not just of republicans or conservatives, but also a majority of proud liberals, anti-war people, veterans, he brings hippies and saints together. True conservatives are anti-war, but they are also realists. There is a time for war, and that time is obvious to everyone, there is no question when that time is. Besides anyone that fears a RP presidency needs to be reminded that he is a strict constitutionalist, so he would bow instantly to whatever the congress says to him. Imagine a president that put the supreme court back in it’s place! His ideas are different and that’s what we need.

46. John Green January 5, 2012 at 10:08 pm #

Michael Savage is a Zionist who thinks that the purpose of the United States of America is to give money to Israel and fight her wars.

Israel has rewarded us with the Lavon Affair, the attack on the U.S.S. Liberty, and the Pollard spy case.

47. jessica January 5, 2012 at 10:20 pm #

You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time.

MS the time has come when you can’t fool any of the people any of the time.

Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can’t get fooled again. g w bush

48. paul camera January 5, 2012 at 10:46 pm #

Why do people even listen to this clown? While some of his (Savage’s) views are reasonable and well-founded (based on logic and reason), others are so far off base to the point of being absurd. I remember, years back, him insisting and pontificating to his listeners that Saddam was absolutely tied to the 9-11 attacks. The guy talks out of his ass—he’s a clown—plain and simple.

49. Adam January 5, 2012 at 11:09 pm #

I find this all very sad for Michael Savage. His failure to support Ron Paul will ultimately lead to downfall in radio to be dismissed as another hack.

This lady speaks for me and everyone I knew who USED to support Savage. Now we all find Savage UNLISTENABLE and with all his arrogance we USED to admire he now stands as THE PRINCE WITH NO CLOTHES.

God Willing RON PAUL 2012

50. ozzy January 5, 2012 at 11:32 pm #

Mr. Weiner is a neo-con, war mongering, back stabbing lyer.

F Savage, even his name is a lie

51. Pauline January 5, 2012 at 11:40 pm #

Please let’s employ some civility, gentleness, and diplomacy in our discussion thread. Name calling is a wee bit indecorous, and undermines the very intelligent points being made herein. Putting any incivility aside, as a long time listener of Michael Savage, I NEVER underestimate Michael. If he truly were anti-Paul, Barbara would have been ground meat, or he otherwise could have dropped her call. I propose that Michael just laid the foundation for a very arousing and informative Ron Paul discussion, and we ought to consider thanking him for it. Ron Paul 2012

52. Brian January 6, 2012 at 12:16 am #

Ron Paul is absolutely right on many fronts. There are two choices you an either vote for Ron Paul of the field. If you vote the field you are voting for the 4th term of BUSH/OBAMA. If you vote for just maybe we have a chance to turn things around.

53. Andrew Whittaker January 6, 2012 at 12:17 am #

Wey to go Barbara!!

54. Michael Savage Books January 6, 2012 at 12:39 am #

Look deeper America there is a very real threat going in right now in our nation. Our politicians are selling us out like a yard sell hanging us out to dry. Who really is standing up for our nation where have the true patriots gone. We really need the patriots stand up and take charge. We really need a voice like Michael Savage, I know what the politicians are doing they are playing a waiting game, they are waiting for the great voices to fade and while they are doing that they are systematically planting diluted and paid voices to sway our visions and beliefs.

Trickle Up Poverty

55. Muffin Dude January 6, 2012 at 12:55 am #

“Savage: Hold on. He is right, but he’s not electable.”

That statement represents a whole lot of political hypocrisy .

56. Woody January 6, 2012 at 1:06 am #

“He’s not electable.” Yet in every head-to-head poll with Obama he is neck and neck. Please.

57. Dave January 6, 2012 at 1:09 am #

“Savage: Hold on. He is right, but he’s not electable.”

Paul attracting 44% of the independent vote in Iowa seems to be a good indicator of how he would fare against Obama in a general election. Is there any other republican candidate that can match that?

Constantly parroting that Paul is not electable is what seems to be hysterical.

58. Richard Ran January 6, 2012 at 2:39 am #

Savage resorts to Trotskyite debating tactics, in calling anyone who disagrees “hysterical”, “mentally ill” or a “crackpot”.

If anything, this clip exposes Mr Savage to be just another brick in the neo-progressivist wall. His cold war mentality forces him to rave on about socialism, while turning a blind eye one the fact that the so-called “conservatives” are cut from the same cloth when it comes to supporting the welfare/warfare state machine.

That’s how the system works: independent of the “culture wars” that rage on in the media/blogosphere between “liberals” and “conservatives” (i.e. progressivist infighting), the machine, funded by the “above parties” monetary central planners, rolls on.

So the one logical thing to do, is cut straight through the BS chatter of both progressivist camps representing the bi-factional one party US state, and stop feeding the machine. Pull the plug on Central Banking, on monetizing the debt and taxation. Freedom is attractive, simple and electable 😉

Kind regs from Amsterdam,

Richard

59. joseph January 6, 2012 at 3:36 am #

Perhaps you warmongers should pic up a m16 and go stand in the front line to kill or be killed. me i would like our service men and woman at home protecting our nation and spending there money. (on themselves and family)

60. Leslie Miller January 6, 2012 at 4:43 am #

I had the pleasure of hearing Barbara and Mike on my fifteen minute coffee break. Mike repeatedly interrupted her whenever her calm articulate points were being passionately aired ,(yelling hysterically) that she was being hysterical. His voice just kept getting faster and more high pitched. Not all of the call is printed here. He seemed only slightly humbled when she identified herself as a Jewish Ron Paul supporter.

Constantly parroting that Paul is not electable ……IS….. hysterical. First he says she is wrong, she responds, and then he grudgingly says she is right. Mike sounds more and more like a Propaganda war machine. To not let Isreal stand alone and trust in God is like being a Holocaust denier. The Bible says many things about peace whenIsreals return to the promised land. LSurely she has paid double for all her sins.

61. jakemanake January 6, 2012 at 5:32 am #

Eat it Savage!

The present Ron Paul supporters are the future. The more he’s heard, the more support he picks up.

You better get used to more Paul-like candidates in the future.

62. Charles January 6, 2012 at 6:16 am #

it is as if all pundits and talking heads would get a bonus every time they say Ron Paul is not electable , or that he has no chance or any combination or variation thereof, and they sound like they all got the same script writer…this is what is disgusting and indecent, and them calling Ron Paul and his supporters disgusting and indecent is orwellian

63. john January 6, 2012 at 6:29 am #

Barbarah, your not blinded with passion, you were actually very articulate, great job, and savage shows hes only capable of name calling, no substance.

Michael savage you dont know s*** about what the american people want. The “ONLY” one that can beat Obama is Ron Paul, the rest of the bums stand no chance.

64. Mike Parent January 6, 2012 at 6:33 am #

Savage aka Weiner, is another in a long line of Chicken Hawks. They know what’s good for everyone but avoided serving the country they want to run. I’d like to call him a draft dodger/fraud.

65. ADKnox January 6, 2012 at 6:43 am #

For the reasons why we became America, Ron Paul is electable…

Indivisual freedom requires indivisual responsibility and that is a scary thought for a lot of people who do not want to take the responsibility to think for themselfs.

66. tim gallien January 6, 2012 at 7:15 am #

MS is a fascist, government propagandist. A pied piper of liberty leading the sheeple off the cliff of hypocrisy. He is good at what he does, no doubt. I don’t believe he will be happy until Americans are under an authoritarian police state, dying in concentration camps. More war, hell death and destruction of our country will result further if the sheeple do not wake up whats coming. We are Germany in the late 30’s and MS is the Joseph Goebbels for the political establishment.

67. fntsmk January 6, 2012 at 7:28 am #

Folks, please visit and pass along: kookyronpaul dot com. The not-for-profit site has great videos and articles to benefit everyone, regardless of who you intend to vote for. Peace and Ron Paul in 2012!

68. xxixpines January 6, 2012 at 8:33 am #

Was Ronald Reagan a died-in-wool- liberal ?

President Reagan once said “Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country.”

69. CircleV January 6, 2012 at 11:39 am #

1. Ron Paul never called for Israel’s annihalation. Thats prima facia ridiculous.

2. Ron Paul is not a “crackpot” just because his views are not in line with the other candidates. There is a long line of philosophers and economists that have shaped the mans beliefs including two noble prize winners.

3. Most Ron Paul supporters are not liberals. I was a Republican all my life until I stopped drinking the kool aid and began looking for alternatives.

4. I am saddened that Michael savage has fallen prey to the “electability” argument. First off, there are a few rasmussen polls that show Dr. Paul doing just as well against Obama as Romney. Secondly, most americans are not dumb enough to vote for a candidate because he has good hair and phony talking points. Sure, there a few people dumb enough to fall for that, but not the majority. Also, Ron Paul is kind, respectable, and idealistic. Thats more than anyone can say about the other candidates. Thirdly, even if he were “unelectable” – who cares if all the other candidates are the same as Obama or worse? Why would i vote for a fascist just because the powers that be are saying he is “electable”? This argument is utter nonsense constantly repeated in order to avoid debating the man on issues. Our wars amount to prolonged national suicide. Mr. Savage doesnt understand that wars provide an excuse for government to deprive its citizens of civil liberties. It doesnt matter if its the war on drugs or a war against a primitive nation on the opposite side of the globe. Our economic system is state controled and masnipulated for the benifit of a tiny elite. To me and others, it is these ideas that are “crackpot”.

70. paul111 January 6, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

Ron Paul is our only hope for freedom at this point… All of these neocons are warmongers and will destroy our freedom in the name of National Security- over problems that they are deliberately instigating. Anyone that voted for the cursed NDAA needs to step down from our government. “The people should not be afraid of their gov., the gov. should be afraid of their people.” – Jefferson.

Senator Hatch from Utah is no longer a friend to liberty- as he voted for the NDAA hatchrecord.com

71. republican mother January 6, 2012 at 7:10 pm #

No worries, Matthew. I just thought that was the part of the call that was true pwnage!

72. CC Coleman January 7, 2012 at 7:21 am #

I listen to MS but he is totally wrong on this one. He has even floated running for President himself from time to time as an independent. However, he should know that he would be labeled a crackpot and totally unelectable himself because of most of his views. He also talks too much and many of his comments can be used against him.

He is reading talking points from his corporate owner. I guess he has to or they would place him in a scandal or drop his official ratings. He wants to keep his job, living in San Francisco is expensive. Maintaining four homes is expensive. Owning a medium sized sailboat is expensive.

His corporate owners also put out books that are just basically transcripts of his program like most Conservative Radio Hosts. It is basically a cut and paste edited version of his show. Why would anyone buy something to read they have already heard before? Have to shill that book.

I don’t understand the Israel thing. If a country can not stand alone without support, like a company that has no customers… it is nonviable. Place a country surrounded by enemies that needs a four billion dollar yearly defense budget just to survive… maybe it was a bad idea?

The only reason Egypt is at peace with Israel is that they demanded the same handout as Israel gets from the US. It is the reason why the military of Egypt has such a strong stranglehold on it’s people. If the Egyptian people break the peace pact then the money gets cut off. Eqypt would be one of the poorest countries in the World without our handout.

Then the religious nuts. I don’t think Israel being controlled by one side or the other would stop Jesus from coming back. An incompetent like Obama, Bush, or Romney might cause the end of the World but would not be able to stop a Messiah’s return – plus Romney thinks he’s returning in a flying saucer so Space Alien Jesus is totally unstoppable.

Savage, either you are an independent or you are bought and paid for like the Wallbanger, the Golfer, the Drunk, the Screamer, etc.

73. Ron Paul January 8, 2012 at 12:13 am #

Micheal Savage is a nobody.

74. Anthony Platt January 8, 2012 at 4:22 pm #

My article on the month-old media blitz against Ron Paul: http://adplattypus.blogspot.com/2012/01/ron-paul-media-blitz.html

75. Leslie Miller January 8, 2012 at 10:21 pm #

Anthony Platt

Thanks so much for this Blog. I have not read anything so passionate on the web in such a long long time. I have to ditto the article as an excellent read. For Sunday it was better than Church. Again thanks.

76. JustinTT January 9, 2012 at 2:56 am #

Michael Savage is a COWARD for supporting Mitt Romney.

77. Leslie Miller January 9, 2012 at 4:23 am #

To vote for Mitt Romney is to vote for the Bailed out banks.

78. Janet Klien January 9, 2012 at 10:49 pm #

When is Savage going to talk about the Internet Censorship bill SOPA that includes jailtime for linking a Reuters article to a webpage or forum. Get more then 10 views after linking a news article to a NOTICE A forum or YOUR webpage and you could get 5 years in prison and pay a $2500.00. Fair Use act DOESN’T APPLY TO THE INTERNET. Savage like NDAA bill will wait to after SOPA passes on January 24, 2012 and call his audience MORONS and then say how he predicted FREE SPEECH WOULD SOON BE GONE IN AMERICA and will tell his audience he will have to take down his website and how OBAMA not the TEA PARTY REPUBLICANS who voted on this bill, made his website disappear because michaelsavage.com will be considered illegal because of Michael linking other peoples webpages to his site because now MICHAELSAVAGE.COM will be considered committing COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Why doesn’t Michael talk about SOPA/PIPA beforehand. Answer because like the NDAA bill that he could have stopped if he talked about it so we could call are Congresspeopla and tell them NO to the NDAA bill Savage is bought out.

I called Michale Savage when the NDAA bill was being debated. His screeners knew what I was talking about and hung up on me. I tried again with SOPA/PIPA. Screeners hung up on me again.

Please call Savage at 18004498255 and pretend to call about another issue because once his screeners here about SOPA/PIPA they will hang up on you. Pretend to call about another issue and ask Savage why he didn’t tell his audience about the NDAA bill beforehand so they could stop it and ask Savage why he is not talking about the Internet Censorship bill SOPA/PIPA that will put you in jail for linking a news article to a forum or your webpage.

THANKS

79. rik irl January 13, 2012 at 7:21 am #

Based on the overwhelming evidence that the election machines are rigged-see HACKING DEMOCRACY and BLACK BOX VOTING on you tube- although I totally support Ron Paul, sadly I’ve come to see the entire political process as a futile effort for we the people, with the MASS MEDIA/POLITICAL MACHINE EXTORTING BIG BUCKS OUT OF THE PEOPLE, AND LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK, AS THE PEOPLE ARE LED ON TO “HOPE” THEIR CANDIDATE COULD WIN AND KEEP POURING MONEY INTO ITS COFFERS. ALSO SEARCH: DIEBOLD ELECTION RIGGING, and ELRON VOXEO COUNTS VOTE. ALSO the you tube HACKING DEMOCRACY which I viewed last week had a very important part CUT OUT, which was in the original version I OWN and first saw in 07, which is the congressional hearing with the computer hacker who said he was hired by Jeb Bush to show them how to RIG the election 51%-49% for W in 04. SO IS THERE REALLY ANY BASIS FOR REALISTIC HOPE??? OF COURSE RON PAUL IS UNELECTABLE BY THE UBIQUITOUS NWO PUPPET MOUTHPIECES LIKE SAVAGE. HE IS THE CONTROLLED MEDIA, THE CONTROLLED OPPOSITION, DITTO LIMBAUGH HANNITY OREILY COLMES ETAL.THEY ALL LIE FOR A LIVING OR NO BIG BUX FOR THEM. MEDIA WHORES. THE TWO PARTIES ARE A DELUSION/ILLUSION, A TWIST ON THE ORIGINAL ROTHSCHILD GAME OF FUNDING BOTH SIDES OF A WAR. OBAMANATION AND INSANEMCCAIN BOTH GOT SIMILAR BIG BANK WALL STREET FUNDING. FEW PAUL SUPPORTERS UNDERSTAND THE LENGTH AND BREADTH OF THE AGENDA AND CORRUPTION THEREOF, BUT THEY’RE WAKING UP. ITS GREAT TO SEE SAVAGE TAKE OFF THE MASK AND BE HIS GENUINE ZIONIST SELF. ZIONISM IS THE GREATEST THREAT TO WORLD PEACE AND THE ULTIMATE EXTORTION RACKET. LIKEWISE THE KOSHER NOSTRA FOOD RACKET. AND MANY MANY JEWS AGREE. I’M NOT AN ANTI-SEMITE. I’M ANTI-EVIL. ALSO SEARCH: BROTHER NATHANIAL KAPNER on youtube. HE TELLS IT LIKE IT REALLY IS: WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHO, AND WHY OF IT ALL. 200 CLIPS WORTH. HE’S GOT AMMO. Also NKUSA.ORG for a Jewish perspective on ZIONISM. OF COURSE WE’RE ALL LUNATICS AREN’T WE SAVAGE? BUT YOU AND THE REST OF YOUR GANG CAN’T EVER ENGAGE IN AN HONEST DEBATE WITHOUT IMMEDIATELY DEGRADING IT AND YOURSELF TO A SMEAR CAMPAIGN OF AD HOMINEM ATTACKS AND THATS BECAUSE THATS WHAT LIARS HAVE TO DO AND YOU ARE ALL BOUGHT AND PAID FOR LIARS.

80. Winston Loa January 16, 2012 at 5:08 am #

I am a Ron Paul supporter as of just weeks ago. I’m 58 years old, self-employed for 30 years and have always voted Republican. I resent Michael Savage calling his audience “idiots” regularly. I resent him saying I and others like me are liberal and mentally ill.

He is an intolerant man and finally I see what a loser he is.

81. Brian C January 19, 2012 at 2:15 pm #

I finally get to say it… Michael Savage you are a complete hypocrite! Please note that I am a very conservative AMERICAN. You talk daily about how grand of a mind you have and how your radio show is such a wonderful medium. You also talk about how we need to care about the American constitution and how it’s falling apart yet when someone does speak up you call them a crack pot. All you have done is complained, written and sold millions in books meanwhile you offer no solution. If we adopt your idealistic approach to fixing this country we will be no further to fixing anything except dinner. Remember it’s easy to point the finger but to stand up and take a stand to the tyranny in this country requires balls. You, my friend, sound just like the other tyrannical SOBs in office. Listening to a crackpot, ranting, egomaniac will do nothing but get your blood boiling and turn your knuckles white.

People Vote Ron Paul he is the ONLY person that can get us out of this mess.

82. Zenberg January 26, 2012 at 1:37 pm #

Michael Savage is a died-in-wool ignoramus. Actually he’s an ego-maniac. I know one of his former producers who told me that Savage has to be the smartest guy in the room and can’t deal with someone being smarter or more informed than him.

83. Jake July 24, 2014 at 10:39 am #

And what happened? Where is Ron Paul now? He still isn’t President because his isn’t electable.