Family Radio Counts Down to Judgment Day on May 21

Judgment Day Billboard in Santa Clara County (Photo R. Waits)

A few weekends ago while on a road trip to Santa Barbara, I scanned the left side of the radio dial for interesting college radio stations. After I lost all trace of college radio, somewhere around Santa Maria, I happened upon the show “Open Forum” on Family Radio.

Pretty quickly I became riveted by the religious call-in talk show. I learned that Judgment Day was apparently slated to arrive on May 21, 2011 and that it would begin with swarms of earthquakes all over the world. The host said that we have been beyond the “church age” since 1988 and that in fact, “the churches today are ruled over by Satan” and that we are “right at the time of the end” with “salvation…only going on outside of the churches.” After doing some quick research on my mobile phone I started to realize that I’d seen some billboards about Judgment Day, but had no idea that 1) it was so soon and 2) it was largely being hyped by a massive radio network.

Of course I wanted to learn more, so I arranged a time to visit the Oakland-based Family Radio upon my return to the Bay Area.  Family Stations, Inc. was founded in 1958 with the purchase of KEAR-FM in San Francisco and since then has grown to a massive Christian radio network with 66 stations in the United States. Broadcasts are also sent all over the world (to places as far flung as Turkey, South America, Russia and South Africa) via shortwave radio and the Internet. Programming even reaches as far as Taiwan and undersea cable allows it to broadcast into China. Additionally, they own two television stations (in San Francisco and New York) and broadcast several shows (including Open Forum and Family Bible Study) on TV and the Internet.

Harold Camping in his office at Family Radio on May 12, 2011 (Photo J. Waits)

Family Radio President and General Manager Harold Camping has been hosting the live, call-in talk show “Open Forum” for 50 years. When it initially began in 1961 it was meant to simply be an open forum for listeners to call in and ask Camping questions about the station. Although they expected to hear questions about the music, programming, and finances; they were instead besieged with calls asking about the Bible. Since those early days the show has aired at least 5 nights a week. For the past few weeks (as Judgment Day draws near), Open Forum has been airing live 7 nights a week from 5:30 to 7:00pm Pacific time. In addition to Open Forum, Camping hosts “Family Bible Study,” which is recorded for both radio and TV.

When I visited Family Radio on Thursday, May 12, 89-year-old Camping was leading his final “Family Bible Study” during lunch time. As a diverse group of perhaps 50 people assembled in the studio audience and crews from both Univision and Nightline filmed the action, Camping walked everyone through a number of Bible passages before concluding with a brief question and answer session with the audience. He began the Bible study with a prayer and in it I couldn’t help but notice that he made reference to members of the Family Radio staff who were non-believers. This was my first hint that not everyone in the building was counting down the days until May 21 and it came as a great surprise to me.

As you might expect, Thursday’s final Bible study largely dealt with Judgment Day. Camping said that it would come on Saturday, May 21 at 6pm local time, meaning that wherever you live, it will happen at 6pm. He promised that, “We’re going to be able to see…those who are being raptured” and said that “when you are raptured” you get “eternal life.” He added, “it’s just a fantastic, wonderful gift that we paid nothing for.” But then his Bible study veered into fire and brimstone territory as he said, “When the believers are being raptured” it will be a “final condemnation of those left behind.”

Family Bible Study taping on May 12, 2011 (Photo J. Waits)

Apparently May 21 will signal the beginning of hell on earth for non-believers, as the world won’t actually end until October 21. Camping argued that the people left behind will feel something akin to a “sting of a scorpion” that will be a “final blow” as they realize that others have been raptured and they have not. Camping seemed almost giddy as he anticipated May 21, describing the moment, “When we’re caught up and the world sees us.” He added that when that happens, “God’s judgment is upon them and they are left behind.”

After Bible Study I was able to tour the entire Family Radio operation (see my post on Spinning Indie for more pictures and details about the network). It’s quite a set up with television studios, radio studios, production rooms, printing department, international department (they translate materials into 68 languages), Internet team and mail room. Most of the radio programming originates from the Oakland studio and is run on other stations (including full power AM and FM stations as well as translators) via automation.

As it gets closer to May 21, Family Radio has been working overtime to spread the word not only through their radio and TV broadcasts, but also by a variety of marketing tactics including RV caravan tours across the United States and Canada, billboards, religious tracts, You Tube videos, and free bumper stickers. I also saw numerous people at Family Radio wearing Judgment Day t-shirts and trucker caps, but it’s unclear to me if those are available from the network. When I visited the network’s Internet department I learned that the Family Radio website has been buzzing, with 3.25 million visits in April. Interestingly, I heard that the majority of web traffic has been coming from outside of the United States, with China as one of the biggest non-U.S. countries as far as visitors.

Internet Department at Family Radio on May 12, 2011 (Photo J. Waits)

The mood around the Family Radio offices was joyful as people gathered for lunch in a common room following Bible study. Families with small children milled about and a man who’d traveled from New York for the “final two weeks” took a break in the lobby before hitting the streets with Judgment Day literature. He told me that his family thought he was crazy.

As a practical matter, I was curious about the network’s programming plans after May 21. My tour guide Rosa said that she didn’t know and added that they are “just letting the lord stop it.”

There was a posted sign announcing that Friday, May 20 would be a paid holiday; but there was no mention of the work schedule for the following week. I also heard that programming was generally produced several weeks in advance, so if May 22 does come, there should be material to play. Harold Camping was vague about the future as far as programming goes, but he did admit to me that, “We have a lot of staff who don’t abide us at all and for their sake there’s some programming that’s in the can. But we’ll probably…we certainly will not use it, but for their sake, they think that they might use it.” Despite that, he said that everyone has been helpful and loyal, even if they don’t agree with the prediction about the coming Judgment Day. I asked him what the non-believing staff expected to happen at the network after May 21st and Camping said, “I’m not the CEO. God is the CEO. You have to ask him.” When I asked Camping what his plans were for May 21, he told me that he’d probably be watching TV and listening to the radio to hear about what was happening around the world.

Camping and his followers are resolute in their belief that May 21 is the beginning of the end. According to the tract, “Facts Concerning May 21, 2011,” this date is a certainty. The pamphlet states, “The great amount of Biblical signs and proofs absolutely guarantee Judgment Day is May 21, 2011.” Yesterday, Camping said on Open Forum that “people will be dying by the millions.”

Memo to Family Radio Staffers Regarding May 20 Holiday posted in Oakland Office (Photo J. Waits)

Of course, there are plenty of doubters. Competing billboards from an atheist group proclaim that Judgment Day is false and non-Rapture Day parties are planned. Skeptical callers to “Open Forum” have derided Camping for being a “false prophet” and on Open Forum yesterday, one caller even asked, “Are you on crack cocaine?” Amazingly, this question elicited laughter from Camping, who replied that he’d never done cocaine.

For those who are following Camping, Judgment Day will begin far away from Family Radio headquarters at about 11pm Pacific time on Friday, May 20, 2011. As it will already be 6pm on May 21st in New Zealand, this should mark the beginning of the Rapture. We’ll just have to see if there’s radio silence on May 22 or if Family Radio network continues with their broadcasts.

, , , , , , ,

92 Responses to Family Radio Counts Down to Judgment Day on May 21

1. Chuck Anziulewicz May 16, 2011 at 8:35 am #

Let me see if I have this right: According to most evangelicals, a “Rapture” and a “Tribulation” and a “Second Coming” WILL eventually occur, it’s just that no one knows exactly when. In fact, a significant number of people actually believe that a “Rapture” will happen during their own lifetimes, and they will be beamed up to Heaven, leaving little more than their clothes and their dentures behind.

So far it sounds pretty nutty. So why is it that Harold Camping is somehow NUTTIER because he’s determined a DATE for all this mumbo-jumbo?

I find it extremely disturbing that so many people, even many elected officials, think in such Apocalyptic terms. How it must cloud their long-term view of the future! Imagine: All of our science and technology and exploration and investment in the Advancing Modern World is all for naught, because it will simply be swept away in some grand battle between the armies of Heaven and Hell! How utterly depressing and nihilistic!

Maybe it would be far better if people would just grow up, get over their fairytales and superstitions, and learn how to live in the REAL WORLD. Trust me, you can enjoy a perfectly happy, decent, and meaningful life without having to worry about “The Rapture.”

2. Timi Jeboda May 16, 2011 at 8:53 am #

Jennifer: thanks for this article. It is one of most objective reviews of Family Radio’s operations I have read online since May 21, 2011 – judgement day warning has been going on.

I am listener, active supporter in all respect and a believer in the warning of May 21, 2011 & start of judgement day on the world.

It is like the days of Noah with no “faith” and lots of scoffing, unbelief & pride.

It takes the gift of the true faith of Christ to truly believe his laws, commands, warnings. Most of the world is not blessed with this “faith”. It mostly based on false & self-made righteousness. It means nothing. Man is vain & sinful. Mankind must submit to God & plead for his mercies. Maybe he might be merciful. Read Isaiah chapter 40. Mankind ( whole world ) is nothing in the sight of the CREATOR GOD. He can create or destroy.

I pray that many people will heed and plead for God’s mercy before May 21, 2011. After that, Salvation , grace, mercy ends. Have mercy LORD.

3. adrienne johnson May 16, 2011 at 9:01 am #

Hi my name is adrienne and I do believe but I don’t always go to church and I have three kids with one man but we are not married. I have also done thing in my life that I am very sorry for I have asked for forgiveness and I do pray not all the time but I do pray will god still love me,forgive me and will I get to go to heaven because I don’t want to be one of the left behind I pray for him to forgive me all the time and to help me and other people

4. FrankWest May 16, 2011 at 9:09 am #

the whole world is in the toilet/ You don’t need the bible to tell you that.

The Bible only assures us that this must come to pass and the end.

5. FrankWest May 16, 2011 at 9:17 am #

I find it amazing that so many scoffers are astonished at May 21, 2011. Yet every night on the news we hear more devastating news of the insumountable problems of the world. Face it, the scoffers are the real fools not able to face what is evident in front of them. I guess they are so scared that they must ridicule the children of God that are sounding the warning.

6. Art May 16, 2011 at 9:41 am #

FrankWest,

There has always been “devastating news of the insurmountable problems of the world.” It has been ever thus and will always be. People have no sense of perspective that things are no worse than they have ever been but with the Internet, modern communications and no historical memory or long range memory or perspective, things seem like “they are at the end” and people drum up the fear.

7. Omar Perkins May 16, 2011 at 10:18 am #

The bible clearly states that In Matthew 24, we do not know the time nor hour when Jesus is coming. He also says that if we knew when the thief was coming to our home we would be prepared. It is time for us to be prepared and have our relationship with Jesus! So get yours started today “Today is the day of Salvation!”

8. Danny Haszard May 16, 2011 at 10:39 am #

Watchtower Jehovah’s Witnesses have little credibility with their own fairy tale primary doctrine of Jesus ‘invisible’ second coming October 1914

Watchtower society false prophets declare end of world in 1874, 1878, 1881, 1910, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975, and 1984….

—–

Danny Haszard been there!

9. JaredN May 16, 2011 at 10:54 am #

Great article. Very informative and objective. Now onto the following…

I’m a follower of Christ. I read the same Bible that Mr. Camping does, but I believe that he, along with all of the followers of his teachings (not God’s), are sorely misguided. To claim that the churches of today are led by Satan himself is just flat out naive. Hebrews 10:25 says to not forsake “the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the day approaching.” Acts 2:17 says “In the last days, says the Lord, I will pour out my spirit on all flesh…” I’m a worship leader and I have experienced movements of the Spirit first hand.

But just for grins, lets take a look past the faith element and examine the historical facts. The math used in the calculation of May 21st is that God flooded the earth on the 17th day of the second month (Jewish calendar). Initially, when He told Noah of His intentions, He said that He would flood the earth in seven days. Now we jump to II Peter 3:8 where it is written that a day is as 1000 years to the Lord. They’ve calculated that the flood took place in 4990BC. So 4990 years, plus the 2011 years since (subtract one year because there was no year 0) and you get 7000 years (or seven days to the Lord, according to Mr. Camping). Here’s the problem; we know that in 532 AD, when a monk by the name of Dionysius Exiguus created the “Anno Domini” year method, he was off by at least three or four years. If we calculate back based on the current year, King Herod would have died in 3 or 4 BC. We know that Jesus was born at the end of his reign which would mean that, based on our calendar, Jesus was about three or four at year 1. This means that it should actually be 2015 right now, making the 7000 year theory innaccurate.

I’m not challenging in any way Mr. Camping’s or any other believer’s faith. I’m just asking that we remember what Christ’s ministry was all about; love. We are wrecklessly chased and pursued by a Father who loves us more than we could ever dream of. His punishment comes as a necessity but if He was willing to send His very own Son to die on our behalf, what is left that He would not give for His beloved children?

I offer this last thought; if May 21st comes with trumpets and the trembling of the earth, I know I’m going. I will find Mr. Camping and embrace him and tell him I was wrong, and any other believers as well. But if May 22nd comes, I beg that you please reconsider your sources. Seek the Lord diligently and find HIS truth for your life.

Sorry to be so long winded….

10. Chris Frank May 16, 2011 at 11:00 am #

Hey Chuck,

For a non believer you sure make your way around the Christian Blogs allot..Why the interest in Christianity if you don’t believe?? Remember what I told you in the past, what if you are wrong Sir? You keep asserting how content and perfectly meaningful your life is yet, you are searching and continuously reading all things relative to Christianity..Perhaps GOD is calling you? Again I tell you Chuck, be humble, you do not have all the answers like you seem to try to project to all of of us believers..If your life is so full and meaningful, why such an interest in the Christian blogs and articles? Is mocking Christians and their hopes and beliefs bringing you fulfillment?? Again I warn you, be humble, GOD resists the proud..

Chris

11. Chuck Anziulewicz May 16, 2011 at 11:08 am #

WELL! Since there are obviously a lot of people who believe that the “Rapture” occurs this coming Saturday, I’m going to bookmark this page and revisit this discussion after that date. It will be interesting to see what people have to say this coming SUNDAY.

12. Mitch Nenn May 16, 2011 at 11:09 am #

Great article; very fair. I believe the Bible states judgement day will start May 21, 2011. I pray for his gift of salvation and mercy on all who are left behind.

13. Sean May 16, 2011 at 11:40 am #

Anyone that reads the bible will know this text. Thats all i got to say, NOONE KNOWS, AND I MEAN WELL THE BIBLE SAYS NOONE!

Matthew 24:36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.

14. Chuck Anziulewicz May 16, 2011 at 12:07 pm #

Chris Frank asks, “If your life is so full and meaningful, why such an interest in the Christian blogs and articles? Is mocking Christians and their hopes and beliefs bringing you fulfillment??”

Well GEE, Chris. In the United States there are hundreds of people who have quit their jobs, sold their possessions, and even abandoned their own families so that they could join Harold Camping’s apocalypse caravan. Don’t you think they’re going to be just LITTLE bit pissed-off when Sunday rolls around and life goes on as usual?

If you look at Mr. Camping’s “WeCanKnow” website, it’s clear that thousands of impoverished people in Third World countries have surrendered what little money they have to this guy, apparently in hopes of buying a ticket to Heaven.

Worldwide there could be millions of people who have been suckered in to Harold Camping’s delusions. What kind of emotional upheaval will they be going through next week when there has been no global earthquake, no “Rapture” (as I’m sure you know there will not be)?

The cumulative emotional and financial damage that Harold Camping has already caused is incalculable. AND FOR WHAT?

If anything good comes out of this, after May 21st has uneventfully come and gone, it may be that more people decide that it’s time to take responsibility for themselves and learn to live in the real world.

15. Brigit Gorman May 16, 2011 at 12:16 pm #

I know I plan on spending the rest of this week w family just incase. I just found out about this May 21st about 2 months ago when I walked down the street and saw the billboard. At first I thought it was just for one of thevmany Christian Seminars and that it wasn’t really a “judgement day”. I was a big believer in the 2012, and as everyone says to that NOONE knows. But I honestly don’t know what to believe. If its this Saturday or DEcember 21st 2012, I don’t care. I know The whole world will be in a better place bc the world today is just getting horrible. So my advice is whether yu believe in May 21st or December 21st or that noone knows when its gonna happen, still seek God. It’s never to late to be saved!

16. David May 16, 2011 at 12:24 pm #

When God warned Noah, he didn’t do it through some kind of nonsensical code.

I think it is a bold statement to say that “The Bible Guarantees” that May 21 is the end of the world. Especially given that it is a notoriously interpretive collection of books and NOWHERE does it plainly state a date for any world-ending events. On the contrary, Jesus says that “No one knows”.

If Camping found something that he believed was the date of Christ’s return, then that’s great. But have the humility to bill it as a belief rather than a biblical fact.

In turn, when May 21 comes and goes, it would serve as less cannon fodder for those that would like to paint Christianity as a baseless religion for fools that can’t think for themselves.

17. David May 16, 2011 at 12:33 pm #

Chuck,

If your problem is with Camping, why take it out on all of Christianity. Surely you realize that this guy is on the fringes (to say the least). Just as there are athiests on the fringe.

“Not thinking for yourself” is CERTAINLY not limited to Christianity. Look at the viewership of crap tv shows like “Jersey Shore”, the fame of “talents” like Ke$ha… Corporately owned marketing machines that depend on the herd mentality of human beings that has nothing to do with religion.

If people want to be Christians, watch “Jersey Shore”, and listen to “Ke$ha”, you can throw as many tantrums, post on as many sites, and talk down to as many people as you like… But it’s a pretty fruitless effort.

18. Katelynn May 16, 2011 at 12:50 pm #

so everyone is freaking out about God coming back… well it clearly states that NOONE will know when God is coming back…. I am a believer of God and if he comes then we will see what happens with everyone… and hasn’t this guy said before that God was coming but he didn’t? and many people have said he was coming but hasn’t. Thats all i have to say and we will see what happens but if God doesn’t come back then that guy will never be trusted again!

19. Raul May 16, 2011 at 12:54 pm #

Let me start off with saying that I’m not a believer. I think religion is a wonderful thing for those who are inspired by it, but its not for me.

Chuck has a very good point about the damage that Camping has done, inadvertently or maliciously. I think it’s been reckless of him and his staunch followers to advertise to fervently when a learned man of faith such as JaredN can punch so many holes in his argument that it looks like a sieve.

Speaking of which, JaredN: If you ever read this, keep doing what you’re doing. If your post is a reflection of your normal approach to your worship, then you are one of the few who are doing it right. I may disagree with you in many respects, but you’re keeping the message positive and staying open-minded while having a knowledge of history and more to support your beliefs. If there were more people like you out there, maybe I’d still be a believer too.

20. harold camping May 16, 2011 at 12:57 pm #

HAROLD CAMPING IS NOT A CHRISTIAN!

No True Christian would follow this man. He is an arrogant Old fool who believes his own Bible translations.

His followers are the worst, they trust “HAROLD CAMPING INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE…NOT THE BIBLE!

Harold Camping is a horrible Bible teacher. HERE IS HOW HE FOOLS YOU

SEE HERE

21. Amy May 16, 2011 at 1:16 pm #

I’m wondering why he thinks its going to begin in New Zeland? I will be honest and tell everybody that I don’t know much about this Camping guy and only became interested in this because of a story I read about a guy spending his life-savings on billboards. The whole thing makes no sense to me, not his math, nor the fact that he thinks God is going to wipeout any of his children, whether they believe or not.

22. Crytohim May 16, 2011 at 1:20 pm #

We all fall short of the glory of God and need a savior. We all need to cry to him now like Nineveh.

If you look at these verses about “No One Knows” with the correct Greek tense, the No One Knows takes a dramatic change. We need to remember the Bible was translated to English from the original text.

>Matthew 24:36 `And concerning that day and the hour no one hath known–not even the messengers of the heavens–except my Father only;

>Mark 13:33 Take heed, watch and pray, for ye have not known when the time is.

In the correct tense, both verses have a vast different meaning. No One Hath Known and Ye Have Not Known are future tense.

Some also look to this verse to say Christ did not know ->> Mark 13:32 `And concerning that day and the hour no one hath known–not even the messengers who are in the heaven, not even the Son–except the Father.

***However, in the Greek “Son” is NOT capitalized.

Also, Christ never stopped being God and all Christians know that,

>Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

>John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

So what son is in view? Who else is called a son…? Satan is the son of perdition….

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

2Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

May God give us all mercy and wisdom.

May212011.com

23. Jennifer Waits May 16, 2011 at 1:28 pm #

Amy, I’m not sure if Camping is suggesting things will begin in New Zealand. What he has said is that the rapture will come at 6pm local time wherever you are. From what I could gather, New Zealand is one of the places where it turns 6pm first on May 21.

24. Mark May 16, 2011 at 1:34 pm #

Poor Harold Camping is suffering from a chronic and increasingly severe obsession with numeric symbolism. It is a form of mental illness, which normally doesnt cause great harm to others but in this case it could. Some of his followers have disposed of their assets and dont believe they need to plan for life beyond May 21, 2011. May 22 will occur without a catastrpohic earthquake in NZ and life will go on. I do worry about how that happy outcome will affect Mr. Camping. I don’t think he will be pleased.

It’s a shame, because he is a serious and sincere Bible scholar, but his obsession with numbers and their hidden meaning has taken over and replaced his rational thinking. The Bible is clear that no man wil know the time at which Christ will return, but somehow Mr. Camping sees his way around parts of the scripture that contracdict his end times prediuctions.

It will be interesting to see what he says on May 22. Will he admit his mistake or will he say that God has intervened with a merciful change of plans?

Mark

25. Amy May 16, 2011 at 1:48 pm #

Thanks Jennifer, That makes some sense; even if nothing else about the story does. I really think some people truely believe this is going to happen and I sort of feel badly because they have been misguided. Even worse those poor children who are being told that they might die on Saturday if they are not chosen!! I read another story about parents telling their children this and I cannot help but to feel angry! There has to be something the authorites can do because that has to be considered a form of mental abuse. The thoughts of me or anybody for that matter telling my children the end is near makes me sick.

26. John Anderson May 16, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

I’d kill for a judgment day trucka cap. But I won’t have to, because there should be plenty of leftovers on October 22.

27. Rod May 16, 2011 at 3:20 pm #

I do believe that May 21, 2011 is the day of our Lords return. And so I wanted to share some verses related to not knowing the time of His return or that He is coming as a thief in the night. Take note how these verses are pointing to 2 separate groups of people. The brethren that are in the light and they that are in darkness. 1 Thes. 5:1-9…But concerning the times and seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that day should overtake you as a thief. You are all the sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep as others do, but let us watch and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on a breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him. Take note of John 10:10 describing the thief; The thief come not, but to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. May God be merciful on those who hear.

28. Doodie May 16, 2011 at 10:19 pm #

From “88 reasons why the world will end in 1988” to the Jehovah Witness’s numerous failed prophecies, to all of Hal Lindsay’s “Late Great Planet Earth” mush……………Not to mention the hundreds of incorrect ‘end is near’ prophecies since 30AD. This Saturday May 21st will likely add it’s name to the ranks of a long list of incorrect End times prophecies. (Which are mostly based on OT scripture meant for another time and place, but that’s just my opinion)

Might as well get a “Rapture Vet” shirt….hahaha

29. vincent May 16, 2011 at 10:26 pm #

As a Christian, while I don’t believe that May 21st will pan out as Camping and his group believe, I do…or did, rather… feel a niggling of sympathy that the Family Radio group was getting mocked and ridiculed for their beliefs and for their unwavering faith in those beliefs.

Then I read 1 Kings 18:27 about Elijah taunting the (false) prophets of Baal.

30. Joseph May 17, 2011 at 1:50 am #

As a born again Christian of over 38 years and a true believer who has listened to Harold Camping and his clones on Family Radio for several months, here is what will actually happen at 6 p.m. on May 21, 2011.

Life will imitate art as it is wont to do from time to time. In this instance the reference is a Twilight Zone episode from 1962 entitled “Four O’Clock” where one Oliver Crangle had calculated that all the evil people in the world will become two feet tall at 4 p.m. When 4 p.m. rolled around, the only one who shrank to two feet tall was Mr. Crangle. In a similar fashion, Harold Camping and Family Radio will enter their day of judgment on May 21.

I believe God has allowed this to happen as an object lesson for all in the power of deception. Camping and his followers will need a lot of help on Sunday, May 22. Hopefully they will seek out that help in the churches they’ve wrongfully shunned, and hopefully those in the churches will welcome them back with open arms of forgiveness and open Bibles for some serious deprogramming from the many errors of Campingism.

31. Onjay May 17, 2011 at 1:55 am #

Even Camping, at a deep level, knows the Rapture ain’t gonna happen–ever. He’s about to die anyway, and has everything to lose. Everything he has lived for is but a puff of smoke. And it will all become solid and clear on 12:00 a.m. local time on May 22, 2010. Don’t anyone let anyone tell you otherwise.

32. Onjay May 17, 2011 at 2:01 am #

I meant May 22, 2011, of course. But I could have told you a year ago that this Rapture stuff is perverse. Just think of the poor children of these selfish zealots–they are being traumatized, mentally and emotionally abused, intellectually stunted, and jerked around by those whom they trust and depend.

33. dami May 17, 2011 at 2:25 am #

it’s very sad how people mock this issue of end time prophecy, it reminds one of how the world in Noah’s day also reacted to the warning God gave to them and how the reacted to it. i believe God is using Harold Camping to warn the world about the end of the world and i think what every one of us should be doing is to humbly ask God for mercy maybe we too may be part of does predestined by God to be save.

34. jaja May 17, 2011 at 4:38 am #

Beware of false prophets… need I say more.

35. dami May 17, 2011 at 6:22 am #

how do identify false prophet,can any tell me?

36. Dani Crow May 17, 2011 at 7:02 am #

Ok i really don’t believe in god i kinda do but its hard cause there so many people saying how the world is going to end and it never comes. churches now are just really trying to scare us and give them money and they touch are children so i don’t go to church and i don’t believe in the bible cause it was written by man and has been change over the years. so i really believe we will never know until we really die. i do have a tattoo of a cross on my back it because i like the symbol not the religion and the inverted cross is not a evil symbol it really the st. peter cross and is a symbol of the church. this man all so said no one can be save after 1988 so i guess ill party and have sex as much as i want if i cant be save LOL so that what i have to say

37. dami May 17, 2011 at 7:49 am #

o no that not a right thinking attitude. it’s this last day that God is saving multitude which no man can number. you could be one of them, you just need to keep begging God for mercy- you may be part of the elect cause God is not a respecter of person.

38. vincent May 17, 2011 at 7:53 am #

dami

you identify false prophets by their fruit: and quite simply, their prophesies don’t come true…like Mr. Camping in ’94.

A true prophet of the Lord will always, always be correct.

Perhaps, like Elijah did in 1 Kings 17:27, false prophets seem to be fair game for taunting.

39. JaredN May 17, 2011 at 7:58 am #

It is sad how the actions of one man can lead so many astray. I don’t believe that Mr. Camping did any of this with malicious intent, but when we begin to fill in the blanks with our own interpretations we find ourselves treading in dangerous waters. Think of this; if all throughout Jesus’ ministry here on earth He spoke in parables to simplify the law and help us to learn to understand and apply it to our own lives, and then in the end He gave his life to give us an escape from the final cost of sin, why would He encrypt something like the end of the earth? If He wanted us to know, He would have told us rather than leaving a trail of crumbs….

I believe Mr. Camping is wrong and that his actions will bring about pain and suffering for his followers, not to metion the criticism it will once again bring to the entire Christian community. But rather than continue to seek to exploit the flaws of his logic, which are many (see my post above), and try to separate myself from him by hurling criticisms at his teachings, I will do this instead and would strongly encourage ALL Christians to do the same; pray for Mr. Camping and his followers. May 22nd will bring about questions and shame and things that they are unprepared to answer. It is not our place to judge them. Jesus made it very clear that it is God’s place alone to judge. He simply told us to love. So pray for them and when the sting of failure strikes them, reach out and embrace them as Christ would.

Raul, thanks for the kind words!! Some of my closest friends don’t share my beliefs either and it has led to some very interesting and often rewarding conversations. And just as they are in my prayers, you will be in my prayers as well!

God bless

40. AlaskaEMwave May 17, 2011 at 8:43 am #

I want Mr. Camping to sign a transfer agreement with me for his radio and TV properties right away. Only a few days left!

41. Aubrey May 17, 2011 at 8:44 am #

Looking forward to waking up on May 22, having my coffee and reading the paper as always!

42. chrisTopher May 17, 2011 at 9:12 am #

All you beLIEvers are completely nuts & gullable, smile, there is no Hell, have a nice rapture, see ya in 2013….complete ignorance.. most of your IQ’s have got to be under 100

43. clod May 17, 2011 at 10:17 am #

What happens in your head on Saturday 21st May at 6pm

local time when you discover that there’s no global earthquake, no

judgement day, you haven’t been Raptured up into glory and neither has anyone else?

What happens when you’ve pulled your kids out of

school, resigned your job, sold your house to buy into the wagon train of doom trundling around America bringing the ‘‘good’ news of damnation & destruction to everyone?

Do you stand around muttering ‘oh…..er……well’, and wonder what to do next? You’ve spent years preparing yourself for teh 2nd coming and He’s stood you up.

You’ve already written off humanity as a bad job deserving of damnation and tribulation, (but not you).

Everything humans do is poisoned, sinful, loathsome in God’s eyes; you’ve no hope for the future, no faith in all the endeavours of humanity to progress, to get better, to live at all.

All that is pointless and you want it to end this Saturday…. and it doesn’t. What happens in your head?

Was it a mistake in the math? It’s still going to happen, right? The Bible can’t be wrong on this… can it?

No, that’s not possible: there’s just been a temporary postponement: armageddon is on hold…….oh wait……it’s just been revealed to Brother XYZ that the new date is to be..blah blah blah and we’ve been blessed with more time to get the new date for the apocalypse into as many peoples diaries as possible.

Is that what happens? You retrench into some miserable little end time cult, growing ever more dissociated from reality; alive in the world, but not living in it, part of humanity but taking no part in it.

But all that’s for later. What do you feel as the great day approaches? Fear, trepidation, expectancy, transcendent joy?

What do you feel for the unraptured, the damned: the ones that will be left behind to experience unspeakable levels of torture, terror and torment?

They’re getting what they deserve, right? No need to feel bad for them.

On one level this is funny, but on another it’s tragic: that so many can abrogate responsibility for humanity to some fantasy going on in their heads, it beggars belief.

The trouble is: the more you dream of heaven, the more likely becomes hell on earth.

44. dami May 17, 2011 at 10:26 am #

vincent

please don’t forget that we are humans and we are bound to make mistakes at times.Harold Camping got wrong in the year 94 but he admitted he was wrong. the book of timothy reminded us that the Scripture is for reprove,correction….now that God is showing us so many truth in is word and using this vessel (Harold camping) with so many proof and without anything like vision or dreams but from is word the bible- would you say that individual is a false prophet

45. JaredN May 17, 2011 at 10:41 am #

ChrisTopher…

To disagree with someone else’s beliefs is one thing. But to insult an entire group’s intelligence simply based upon your own disagreement is much closer to “complete ignorance” than the beliefs you choose to dismiss. Faith is not faith without a degree of uncertainty.

I’ve encoutered sceptics such as yourself before and I found one common denominator very interesting; their insults were a mask to hide their own insecurities and fears. I’m not saying that is the case with you necessarily, but usually when someone hurls insults without backing it’s due to a lack of research on their own part.

Here’s the turn point; I would challenge you to actually research this stuff, and I’m not talking about watching a two-part series on the Discovery channel about Abraham or Moses. Actually look into the known and proven facts on both sides of the coin. You’d be amazed at what can actually be proven. See it for yourself. I’m a full on believer (not in Mr. Camping’s teachings) and I spent a year and a half researching evolution and the Big Bang Theory from a completely objective standpoint and in the end my faith in Creation was only confirmed. Check it out. And while you do, you are in my prayers…

If you have any questions I’d be more than happy to help out…

46. vonrikter May 17, 2011 at 11:25 am #

Might as well say 12:21:2012 is the final end of days. There are many end times scenarios.

Pick one that suits you.

You Decide.

47. john May 17, 2011 at 11:28 am #

I think the old man at 89 is trying to sell his radio station. and needed more listners to sell it. i think i saw his station is worth more then 100 million dollars.

48. Caudimordax May 17, 2011 at 11:39 am #

“You’d be amazed at what can actually be proven.”

I certainly would be, if you are talking about “creation” as described in the bible, a book of contradictory fables written in the bronze age by nomadic goatherders, then rewritten, edited, translated, retranslated, re-edited and the results cherry-picked by modern believers who want to judge others as less “righteous” than themselves, but are less than comfortable with stoning their own children to death for back-talking.

49. JaredN May 17, 2011 at 4:15 pm #

First, it is grossly naive to determine historical accuracy based upon the social standing or occupation of the individual or individuals recording the events.

Secondly, as far as the process by which we have today’s translations, of course it has been written and translated. All books from ancient civilizations go through this same process, yet for some reason the Bible has been met with the most criticism and speculation.

Finally, regarding the Bible’s depiction of Creation, here’s something to think about; read Genesis 1:6-8. It speaks of a firmament that divides the waters from the waters, meaning that this world was wrapped in water. As ludicrous as this may sound, it actually checks out, and here’s a little proof. Science will tell you that at some point in the history of this earth pterodactyls roamed the earth, but what science fails to explain is how they were able to get off of the ground. Based on their average wingspan to body mass ratio and our atmospheric air pressure there is no way these creatures could have ever taken flight. However, if the Bibles account is correct, and there was an additional layer around the earth, this would raise the atmospheric air pressure enough to allow these creatures to take flight, as well as block UV rays which we know have a direct effect on the aging process in both humans and animals. And there is so much more…..

I am not judging anyone nor am I claiming anyone to be less righteous than I, mainly because I do not claim to be righteous at all. All I ask is that you simply take the time to actually understand why it is you believe (or don’t believe) what you believe. If I showed you a painting and told you the paint threw itself on the canvas and arranged itself to make the image you see you would call me crazy. And just as every painting points to the painter, creation stands as evidence of a creator.

50. Peter May 17, 2011 at 5:41 pm #

I am not a Camping follower, but would caution all of you who like to bash his teachings on what I perceive to be the two most commonly used arguments against him.

First, Matthew 24:36 is such a pathetic response to refute his claims. People need to learn how to read their Bibles. This verse says that no one knows the day or the hour. But we must remember that Jesus is talking to his disciples nearly 2000 years ago. There was a time in this world when no one knew how to make a light bulb, but someone came to the knowledge of how to make one. Nowhere in the Bible, that I can recall, does it say that no one will ever know. In fact in 1 Thessalonians 5:2-6 it says that the believers (vs. 4) will not be caught off guard. Please stop throwing a verse out as an argument without reading it in its context and knowing what it is saying.

Second, claiming that Harold Camping is a false prophet because of his previous prediction is to misunderstand what a prophet is. Camping has never claimed to be a prophet or speak for YHWH. He is doing calculations based on his interpretation of Scripture (I think flawed in many ways, but his interpretation). In fact the title of his book from 1994 was “1994?”. He wasn’t prophesying. He was doing theology, eschatalogical theology (maybe bad theology, but theology none the less). And his May 21 date is also not a prophecy. He is interpreting Scripture and putting together an end times theology.

Please don’t be so quick to assume someone is stupid or ignorant. Harold Camping is a man who has committed his life to Scripture and perhaps he has arrived in a place that is not true, but if that is the case, our goal should be to debate the points, not assume he’s an idiot.

51. vincent May 17, 2011 at 7:29 pm #

dami…and others

a good summary of how Camping is off base with his calculations can be found at http://www.refutecamping.com.

A worthy article i just read is

worth a look dami.

52. Rod May 17, 2011 at 10:44 pm #

For Vincent or anyone who would check out the refuting Camping site, I went to check out the 7000 year proofs as you had pointed to. They do not use Campings teaching against him, but change it around to suit their point. Camping stated that the 7000 years was from the time God shut the doors on the ark, which the bible is showing us was the 17th day of the 2nd month. And having shown independently from other studies that May 21, 2011 was the day of judgment, Camping was telling us this was a proof that took you to that very same day. And it so happens that it also occurs on the 17th day of the 2nd month on the Hebrew calendar. Your site you sent us to says it should be from the time Noah started preaching. That’s not refuting, that’s putting in your own non-biblical conclusions to say this guy was wrong. This may not prove to you Camping is right, but it does show http://www.refutingcamping.com has an agenda or is at least has very faulty info. But the Lord will return on that day, and may His mercy be on us. thanks

53. Bill Yray Cyrus May 18, 2011 at 12:42 am #

I think the biggest issue here is that people have the time to debate this lunatic. It’s a bit like the homeless man on the street who tells you that he saw God walk into the dump last week. You can either try to reason with him, or you can smile politely, pat him on the head, and move on with your day.

54. dami May 18, 2011 at 1:45 am #

vincent

i check the refuting site but can’t see anything to convince me that this man is a false prophet or false teacher as peter would like to address him. you can just check out the family radio site and ask for the book “we are almost there” i have read it and by God’s grace can see so many truth about this issue of may21 2011

55. Dougers May 18, 2011 at 6:27 am #

So much of what I read here is just sad especially some of the ones trying to formulate a proper attitude from a supposed Biblical viewpoint when obviously they have not really gone to the Bible for themselves first to be sure of what they have decided is right. Like one person who mentioned that Jesus spoke in parables to help simplify truth when in fact Jesus outright said exactly the opposite! When asked, why parables? He said He spoke in parables so it could NOT be understood except by them that He chose to enlighten, ones He had no intention of saving! Then there are the many folks that hang everything on the Matthew 24 verse where Jesus said of that day no man knows but my father only… but always neglect to take into account the very next verse! “For as in the days of Noah so shall it be…” God DID tell Noah precisely the day judgment would begin, the EXACT day! So He is INCLUDING that revelation as part of “that day”! God instructed Daniel in writing all about Judgment Day to “Seal up the words UNTIL the time of the end” Do any of you even know there are verses in the Bible like “It is the glory of God to conceal a matter but the honor of kings to search them out.” Also “God will do NOTHING except He reveals it to His servants the prophets” also the fact that His people WILL know both time and judgment. And there is just so much more that is being recklessly ignored by all those that won’t do themselves the service of at least reading the study! Do it please! And why in the world wouldnt anyone of us pray the Lord for wisdom to KNOW anything that is really available to know about all this! Why would anyone not fear this warning and beg for mercy! Even if all you saw it as is a possibility? We ought to be VERY humble when it comes to God’s Word! And BTW consider that it is EXACTLY like God to bring an anouncement initially through one man, particularly one not accepted by the theologians of the day! I’ll tell you the more I look into this more convinced I am that it is GOING TO HAPPEN! I don’t want it to happen but look at the world! Worse even look at the churches! If somehow I have been wrong (and I just can’t see how it is possible!) I would be so thankful that it didnt happen! I would so so so much rather face being seen afterwards as a fool than for all my family and friends and billions of people to enter into the Day of the Lord without salvation!!! Sadly however, it IS going to happen! I could not say otherwise in good conscience. May the Lord bless each of you with fear enough to take this more seriously than anything ever!

56. Dougers May 18, 2011 at 6:39 am #

Oops typo! I meant to write: ” Like one person who mentioned that Jesus spoke in parables to help simplify truth when in fact Jesus outright said exactly the opposite! When asked, why parables? He said He spoke in parables so it could NOT be understood except by them that He chose to enlighten, and NOT by the ones He had no intention of saving! Mat 13:10 “And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.” BTW if you want to find and read the other verses I alluded to just email me at may21rapture@aol.com and I will find them quickly for you.

57. Renita Menyhert May 18, 2011 at 7:57 am #

Since “no one knows the hour” and the end will come “a thief in the night” is it not better to live everyday as a good Christian? That way, like the boy scout motto “Be Prepared” every soul is ready for whenever Jesus returns.

58. Bishop Dennis Campbell May 18, 2011 at 8:57 am #

I suggest you read the book, He shall Reign; The Message and Meaning of the Book of Revelation, by R. Dennis Campbell (me), and that you look at my blog, http://www.lifeinthescriptures.blogspot.com. The book and blog present a different view of Revelation and the end of the world, which you may find helpful if you are still here on May 22.

59. PhillyJimi May 18, 2011 at 9:25 am #

Pass the cool-aid, I’ll take the cherry flavor. God of the bible has to be the most evil being ever. He is insecure and kills anyone who doesn’t love him. Sticking a gun to someone’s head and offering the options of “Please love Me” or I will torture you forever is pure EVIL. That kind of offer isn’t freewill and that kind of love isn’t given freely. Actually read the bible for what it is. I used to believe and the more I learned about it the more it was just a house of cards. Ask your preacher what is wrong with any other religion and then apply the same logic to your own religion and you’ll see it none of it make any sense. If some gullible person(s) have made major life destroying decisions based on believing the world will end on May 21st don’t how sad would that be? Camping is flat out nuts…

60. vincent May 18, 2011 at 12:08 pm #

Please forgive my boldness and straightforward language below:

dami

as Dougers aptly pointed out in his posting above, from Amos 3:7, Mr. Camping may very well be seen as a prophet, of sorts. (though one, certainly, who did not come by his revelation via dreams and visions)

Obviously we are going to disagree here on the events of May 21st. And to be truthful it is nice to know, very soon, who will be correct in the matter.

If the events of May 21 do come to pass then this discussion is rather a moot point. You will be right. I will be wrong and we can laugh about it in heaven.

But I ask you this question: if the events of May 21 do not come to pass, as you think they will (same applies to Dougers too) are you willing to turn, and heed scripture like Deut 18:22 “…when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously…” ??

I know…I know…you are insistent that the events of May 21 WILL happen. I know, there is “no room for doubt”. I get it. But i trust that come May 22, if we are not with the Lord in heaven, that you can meet me back here to discuss this further. Agreed?

Now, Dougers…thanks for your many verses regarding how you feel people can know the day/hour.

It seems though, that you are guilty of having a plank in your own eye when looking at Matthew 24:36-41.

You point to others others for looking solely at verse 36 and “neglecting the very next verse”, while you…in turn… look solely at verse 37 and ignore the whole rest of the passage.

Yes, I agree as Christ said, it will be like the days of Noah, but i am not seeing His words in the context of “knowing the exact date through some rather suspect math”.

Rather, ACCORDING TO THE WHOLE TEXT it will be like the days of Noah in that people were living their lives (eating, drinking, marrying) and they knew nothing of the coming flood. You see, verses 37-41 support vs 36.

Dare I say, that the very fact that everyone is talking about May 21, suggests that it actually can’t happen on May 21…in that everyone knows about the coming May 21st Judgement day.

In addition please see Acts 1:7….it is not for us to know the times and dates.

As per Dami, I welcome you back here May 22 to discuss the End Times further.

61. Tabasco May 18, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours”

-Stephen Roberts

62. Dougers May 18, 2011 at 2:44 pm #

YES! Just as the people in Noah’s day had already heard the words and action of Noah, people in this day have now heard the warnings ..yet both groups will sadly not KNOW until it comes on them having been unaware it was really so. And lest you actually believe the people in Noahs day were REALLY surprised as though they never knew a thing about it, well think again because the Bible declares that Noah was a preacher in addition to being the builder of a great Ark. Oh they heard, they knew the “crazy prediction” of Noah but they went right on with their plans. Even as the waters began to come their pride would no doubt have allowed them to run to the ark and beg for a way in. It just so mirrors what I see going on today ..everyone is saying “no that is ridiculous we will not consider it” and go right on business as usuall. No sir I DID read iti but obviously in a much different light. See the day of the Lord comes as a thief ONLY for those in darkness, without the light of truth. The Bible says directly that it will not come that way for the children of the LIGHT. But I could type and type and without God opening one’s understanding, they will ignore even things made clear. I would do exactly the same, I take no credit for being smart as it has nothing to do with that. The things are simple once pointed out so that a child could get it but even a child would first need the blinders removed by God. There can be no pride in these things. These are things learned in humility, humility in faith, the faith a gift of God to ones that hever could have had such on their own.

63. Bishop Dennis Campbell May 18, 2011 at 8:40 pm #

Dear Dougers, please re-read Vincent’s reply above. He correctly expounds the meaning of Mt. 24:37-39. Then please go to http://www.lifeinthescriptures.blogspot.com and read the comment in the sidebar titled, “Is May 21 Judgment Day?”

Blessings.

64. Colleen May 18, 2011 at 9:14 pm #

http://www.aftermay21.com/ You’ll find lots of information here!

65. vincent May 18, 2011 at 10:32 pm #

Chris McCann of ebible fellowship (supporting Family Radio) says that “God put Matthew 24:36 there as a trap or snare to catch those who can’t discern the truth”.

see it at: ohttp://www.ebiblefellowship.com/studies/conferences/2011/

When you click on the link above scroll down to the “Open Forums” dated

11-04-15

McCann gives a bit of a preamble that is rather “enlightening” in spots (regarding “true bible interpretation”). He brings in Matthew 24:36 just prior to the 13:00 minute mark.

Now really, somebody really needs to give their head a shake…and honestly, May 22 I hope is the spark that will help many of these well meaning, but deluded folk, see this family radio group for what they are.

66. Bob May 18, 2011 at 11:03 pm #

These are challenging times for all of us. I am really happy that Mr. Camping has spent so much time discussing May 21st 2011. I think this has caused a lot of us to spend more time in the scriptures regarding the end times. I am convinced that the bible says no man will know the exact day or time. Mr. Camping is wrong in his prediction, however maybe he has helped some of us spend more time studying Gods word. Thank you for getting us to spend more time in Gods word and to think about the end times. It is going to be difficult for Mr. Camping to deal with all this on the 22nd of this month.

67. bloodhive May 19, 2011 at 7:45 am #

mathew 24: 23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.

68. James Genovese May 19, 2011 at 8:26 am #

I have to say that my leader is the Lord and Mr. Camping is just one of His humble servants. That being said, I have been faithfully listening to this station for a number of years, and–the May 21st prediction notwithstanding–find it a refreshing, conservative source of biblical guidance.

As to May 21 being Judgment Day, I tend to think it could happen, mainly because up to now I have found Camping to be a credible Bible teacher.

However, one thing interests me: if God intends to close the ministry in two days, when the Rapture occurs, then why is Charlie Menu still doing fundraising plugs on the air, asking people to mail–MAIL, mind you– in their donations to sustain the Family Radio operation for the next month? I would love to hear what Family Radio’s official position on this is, but alas, it is not easy to get through to a live person these days.

Bottom line, since my relationship is with the Lord, should the world arrive at May 22nd relatively unscathed, my faith in Him will remain unshaken. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ!

69. Jorge Pozo May 19, 2011 at 8:34 am #

I find it rather sad that they use Noah as their means to say it will end. In one of their tracts it says that Noah warned the people… LOL Noah never warned ANYONE! ( Genesis 6 :11) Even Yahushua himself said it! ( Matthew 24:38) Family radio …(Amos 5:18-24)

” Give me a candle and a Bible, and shut me up in a dark dungeon, and I will tell you what the whole world is doing.”

PS: how can they be ” raptured” if the Messiah said he will raise them up on the last day? ( John 6:39 , John 6:40)

Also how can they be saved if they break the commandments of God himself? Remember those in the last days that will be saved will be the one’s who keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Yahushua Ha Mashiac.. ( Rev. 12:17) (Rev 14:12) In Rev. 12:17 we see a church rising up just before the return of Yahushua called the remnant. This church is described as keeping the ten commandments of God (including the 4th) and having the testimony of Yahushua.. So dont believe the hype… i will like to see Harlods face on May 22nd… What a shame to use the Bible falsely and only to go back on your own words afterwards. This make unbelievers not want any part with God and also makes the true sheep look like idiots.

70. Kay Balsley May 19, 2011 at 5:01 pm #

At least Herold Camping has us thinking that when he is wrong it will take place some time in the future I do feel sorry for his followers I used to be in a Church that made predictions for the end of this age that didn”t come true .

71. DarkStarAz May 19, 2011 at 10:44 pm #

Someone gonna have alot of ‘splainin’ to do on May twenty second…

72. S. M. May 20, 2011 at 4:17 am #

To Jorge Pozo:

” And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly.”

(2Pe.2:5)

73. S. M. May 20, 2011 at 4:19 am #

One more:

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

(He.11:7)

74. S. M. May 20, 2011 at 4:20 am #

By the way, I found this:

Harold Camping’s words:

“For the unbelievers, the moment they die, they will never again have conscious existence. That is something that churches have never taught. They have never understood. They thought the Bible said they would go to Hell and be punished there forever as a result of their sins. The Bible says that the wages of sin is death, and the word Hell is actually a synonym for the grave.

WORD OF GOD – THE BIBLE:

“And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”(Rev.20:15)

“And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.”

(Rev.20:14)

“And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” (Rev.20:10)

Now, “be tormented day and night for ever and ever” having no “conscious existence”?? Not in hell but in “grave”??

ISN’T IT PERVERTING OF THE WORD OF GOD BY H.C.??

Decide for yourselves.

75. S. M. May 20, 2011 at 4:24 am #

Ok THIS is MORE than “numbers”:

One of Camping’s books is called The End of the Church Age and After. The main idea of it is that “all contemporary churches are from Satan and Christians should worship in their own homes without benefit of clergy, baptism, communion, or church structure — but with their radio dials locked on his Family Radio network.”

THE WORD OF GOD – THE BIBLE:

Jesus Christ tells His disciples that “upon this rock (contextually – on Jesus Christ Himself – Efes.2:20, 1Pet.2:6)I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.(Mt.16:18)

HERE IS THE DANGER – BLASPHEMY ON HOLY SPIRIT! Same sin Pharisees were guilty in telling that Jesus Christ did His miracles and other work by power of Beelzebub!

HERE’S GOD’S VERDICT TO THOSE PEOPLE:

“Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.” (Mt.12:31,32)

NEVER, I REPEAT – NEVER!!! SHALL ANYONE DARE TO SAY THAT THE CHURCH BORN AND CONDUCTED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT IS “from satan”! THIS IS BLASPHEMY ON HOLY SPIRIT ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE!

Well, Mr. Harold Camping and his followers still have time to live and therefore MAY HAVE BEEN under the Lord’s mercy to repent and to be forgiven. Judas Iscariot denied this opportunity. How about you, Mr. H.C.?

76. Raptor Jesus May 20, 2011 at 12:00 pm #

Says me:

You are clearly putting the decimal in the wrong place. The world really will end on May 21, 2110.

Turns out no one knows the hour because no one knows how to do math.

77. Yves May 20, 2011 at 12:25 pm #

This is a link for a free camping day set for May 21, 2011 here in Switzerland !

Great coincidence, will all go camping

Blessings

Yves L

78. Yves May 21, 2011 at 12:08 am #

I have know Mr Camping via radio since 1980. He was a great teacher of the Word. Now, I pray that Mr Camping repent publicly as you are discouraging MILLIONS of carnal believers and bring SHAME to our LORD!!!!

IT IS 7 PM IN NEW ZEALAND MR CAMPING

YOU ARE AFTER AN IMAGE THAT IS NOT THE TRUE JESUS

GIVING US TRUE BELIEVERS IN TRUE JESUS A HORRIBLE TESTIMONY

Mark 13:32 “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Auckland, New Zealand

Auckland is also known as Tāmaki-makau-rau

Current Time samedi 21 mai 2011, 19 h 00 m 18 NZST

Show clock in pop-up window or full-screen window

Free Auckland clock for your website

The end is not nigh, according to the New Zealand Skeptics, despite an American religious leader declaring Judgement Day will arrive first in New Zealand at 6pm today.

NEW ZEALAND HERALD

…Judgement Day will arrive first in New Zealand at 6pm today.

Evangelical broadcaster Harold Camping has predicted a massive earthquake will strike the earth, unleashing the Apocalypse, first upon New Zealand, then around the world.

79. Thea May 21, 2011 at 1:51 am #

All I know is Gods word said don’t add nor take away, this means twisting up His word is not of God.

All I know is that God His Holy Word says no man, that means man kind will know the day nor the time nor the hour.

Is this a group that just takes a phrase of the word of God and iggs all the other words in the bible.

NO MAN WILL KNOW THE TIME DATE NOR THE HOUR, THIS MEANS YOU TOO.

God is not a man that He or His word should lie.

I want Jesus to come back welcome it but not by the hand of a man who does not rightly divide Gods word and moves people out of fear.

God says He draws nigh with Love.

See Jesus Christ IS MY LORD AND SAVIOR and I wouldn’t want any man hands interfering with coming of Christ why would he need a man to take His glory He wouldn’t. Something about this isn’t right.

If what they were saying was true, the world would be trimbling, all over at once, winds blowing and spiritually His saved would know.

This man is not of God, and I have found out even the devil can mimic a spirit of goodness. I am angry this man has exsaulted him self over the word of God has he has. God say no man will know the time nor the hour, God is the same yesterday and today His word or Him never changes.

God is going to have trumpets and angels to let one know his return for there was no man holy enough to touch that book, I heard the book of Revelation say there was no man holy enough to open it but Jesus, this, Jesus is the only one who knows His Holy return, this man has exulated him self over the Holy word of God. I want Jesus to return by not because of the mouth of this man, but by the word of God.

80. Thea May 21, 2011 at 2:08 am #

Does any one know this fact that those who wrote the satanic bible also published the international bible, so what bible has this man been reading out of, I guess he beleives Jesus has blue eyes and blonde hair, which by the way that picture is what Michael Angelo felt Jesus would look like His uncle when the pope asked him to paint a picture of Jesus, the book of Revelations gives some discription of Christ and also Isaiah. However false prophets and people seeing Jesus is going to be more common in these times, the devil is going to come in many forms even healing people God says GO NOT UNTO THEM. This is how the very elect will be fooled, this man has allowed a spirit to come into him and twist up the word of God, however he too has his reward. Yes, Jesus is coming back but not because this man has added some dates up which makes me this I guess he beleives December the 25 is really the birth date which also have something to do with dates set by the pope in later times of that err.

This is why God says study to show thy self worthy and approved however do not add nor take away, False Prophets they too shall have their reward.

I had a dream a week ago the light came to me however there were those in a room still sitting in darkness I woke up saying I plea the blood of Jesus say that bright light. I am glad that light came and God me.

81. Thea May 21, 2011 at 2:14 am #

If he wanted to educate gay people on thier behavior is not acceptable unto God he should have just come out and said it and not used the coming of Christ as the topic of the hidden undertones of him wanting to address someones behavior, yes Christ IS coming, but not because of what this preacher is saying..

82. Bishop Dennis Campbell May 21, 2011 at 7:21 am #

The early Church soon realised the return of Christ is far in the future, and began the New Testament emphasis of living in Christ for the “long haul.” Those who believed today was Rapture Day must now follow their example. This will require two things from you. First, devotion to the ordinary, daily things of Christ. These are things like prayer and Bible study, being a good husband/wife/daughter/son/sibling, doing your job in an honourable fashion, and being a good steward of your possessions, time, and life. It will also require us to be active members in a Biblical Church, for the Church age has not ended, and will not end until the Lord’s return. Second, continue to live in hope, by which I mean Biblical faith in Christ, trusting Him as Abraham trusted Him in Hebrews 11. God has not changed nor has His requirement that we follow Him. Our “calculations” may be wrong, and we will often misunderstand the Bible, but that is our fault, not His. So continue in Christ, for it is those who remain steadfast to the end who are saved.

I invite you to participate in a daily program of Bible study and prayer that has blessed people around the world for two thousand years. It is posted daily at

Blessings,

Bishop Dennis Campbell

Anglican Orthodox Church

83. Yves TRUTH May 21, 2011 at 7:42 am #

WHAT SHOULD LISTENERS DO?

If you have been following my writings on Harold Camping and Family Radio, you know that Camping does not take advice; he is the only wise and knowledgeable person and all pastors are from the Devil. He only respects one thing, money! If all the listeners who support Family Radio would withhold their support and write letters stating,

“There will be no more financial support as long as Harold Camping is in charge of Family Radio and allowed to be on the air,”

then we could have an effect on getting him off the air. If thousands of supporters took this action, Harold Camping would be gone in just a matter of days. Pray for this to happen before God shuts down the radio network for good and we lose all of that good music and Bible reading forever. You, the listeners are the key!

84. charles May 21, 2011 at 4:45 pm #

Well that was a big waste of time hehe, but i was ready to be raptured straight to heaven 🙂

85. TRU BELIVER May 22, 2011 at 6:46 am #

HAROLD CAMPING IS A FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PROTEST!!!!

86. LoveOneAnother May 23, 2011 at 5:25 am #

Where there was love, There is evil and man,We must bring back love.

87. Bishop Dennis Campbell May 23, 2011 at 7:15 am #

Harold Camping was mistaken, but his mistakes give us an opportunity to re-evaluate ourselves and the way we approach the Bible. Because the Bible is a large and complex Book of Books, it is often difficult to understand, and rather than put the time and energy into learning about it, people follow teachings that are exciting and new, thinking that is the Holy Spirit leading them. But new and exciting is rarely tried and true, and we must be very careful about new interpretations. Orthodox Christianity has a long history of agreement about the meaning of the Bible, which can be found in the great creeds and confessions of the faith. When someone’s interpretation of Scripture radically departs from this, it is probably the new view that is in error.

One of the best summaries of Biblical teaching is the 1928 Book of Common Prayer, still used by millions around the word. It is useful because it faithfully teaches the Bible, and because it puts Biblical teaching into devotional and worshipful prayers and services that can be easily memorised and recalled. It also gives a table of daily Bible readings that builds a treasure store of Biblical knowledge that grows year by year.

Blessings,

Bishop Dennis Campbell

Anglican Orthodox Church

88. Jennifer Waits May 23, 2011 at 7:47 pm #

Harold Camping just addressed the media and listeners on Open Forum tonight and said that none of the dates had changed. Instead he’s arguing that May 21 was a spiritual judgment day.

89. Charlie May 24, 2011 at 7:09 am #

The false prophet is wrong again.

He equates himself to God, who said “that no one knows the day or time”, except by God himself.

I am sick and tired of this bastard scaring my grandchildren, into thinking that their world is coming to an end.

I hope on October 21, 2011, the only thing dead, is Harold Camping himself.

If he sees himself as a prophet, then I think that he needs to turn the $104 million he has, over to a non-profit organization, to truly feed and clothe those who have none, on October 20, 2011.

On October 22, 2011, I think he should be hung by his balls, from the highest tree in town.

90. chasbro77 May 31, 2011 at 3:01 pm #

Here it is May 31st Camping still babbling on his” OPEN FORUM” an oxymoron if there ever was one. I just wanted to suggest a reason as to the ? WHY does he keep going? In the face of ridicule and now threats Harold seems to only thrive. That’s it. He actually loves the attention. Psych 101 told us narcissistic people crave attention regardless of the type. Any normal person could not have just bounced back with the “SPIRITUAL” earthquake answer. Especially after 1994 and subsequent “NEW” information only discovered by Harold proved time and time again to be false. 72 hours prior to the failure HC said NO spiritual earthquakes. If we could only send a memo to all concerned….ignore him. You want to exact justice? Ignore them all.

91. Your Radio Eschatologist June 1, 2011 at 4:53 pm #

“Now these prophecies were given at the current culture at that time, and therefore, while the stage has been set, the distortions are deplorable, for this Christ will not come at the end of your world as the prophecies have been maintaining.

“He will not come to reward the righteous and send the evildoers to eternal doom. He will, however, begin a new religious drama. A certain historical continuity will be maintained.

“As happened once before, however, he will not be generally known for who he is. There will be no glorious proclamation to which the whole world will bow.

“He will return to straighten out Christianity, which will be in a shambles at the time of his arrival, and to set up a new system of thought when the world is sorely in need of one. By that time, all religions will be in severe crisis.

“He will undermine religious organizations — not unite them. His message will be that of the individual in relation to All That Is. He will clearly state methods by which each individual can attain a state of intimate contact with his own entity; the entity to some extent being man’s mediator with All That Is.

“By 2075, all of this will be already accomplished.

“… He will lead man behind the symbolism upon which religion has relied for so many centuries. He will emphasize individual spiritual experience, the expansiveness of soul, and teach man to recognize the multitudinous aspects of his own reality.”

Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul by Jane Roberts

92. JON BARKER August 27, 2011 at 3:37 am #

Hi guys,

Thinking of you from here in the UK.

It will be a difficult time for many families & I think my song, ‘thank you for being my dad’ would be great to play for this upcoming Fathers day.

Please e mail me if you would like a copy,

peace,