The Princeton Review’s annual list of top college radio stations is out, and college radio expert Jennifer Waits joins to deconstruct the list, its methodology, and the notion of “best” college radio stations in the first place.
Then Paul talks with Ed Hadley, who has been producing the overnight radio show “Incoming Wounded” on community radio WEFT for some 35 years. This leads to a reflection on the wildly creative and often weird radio heard on community radio, but rarely found on the rest of the dial.
Radio Survivor is a listener-supported podcast. You can support us two ways:
- 2018 Princeton Review “Best College Radio Station” List is Released
- Ed Hadley on Soundcloud
- RadioSurvivor’s Top Radio Shows – Paul’s #3: Incoming Wounded (from 2010)
- Spinning Indie Field Trips in Urbana
- Radio Station Tour #33- WEFT-FM
- >Optimism Infuses Grassroots Radio Conference (includes mention of WEFT and WPGU tours)
- Archives of Cy Thoth’s “Firebunker” Show on KFJC-FM