Independent internet radio was devastated in January 2016 when music royalty rates shot up and long-time webcasting company Live365 went out of business. Now Live365 is back under new ownership, and CEO Jon Stephenson joins the show to tell us how the company is ready to help small webcasters get back to broadcasting online affordably, despite the tremendously higher royalty rates.
Community radio people: this is your last chance to score a $50 discount to attend this year’s National Federation of Community Broadcast Conference in Denver, CO, July 17 – 19. Listen to this episode to get your coupon code.
Radio Survivor is a listener-supported podcast. You can support us two ways:
- Eric’s radio documentary: Web Radio in Peril
- Live365 to Broadcasters: We’re Shutting Down Jan. 31 (Jan. 20, 2016)
- Live365 and the importance of the revenue percentage option (Jan. 2, 2016)
- Why American Independent Internet Radio May Go Extinct in 2016
- Podcast #29 – Will 2016 Be the End of Indie Internet Radio?
- Podcast #31 – It’s the 13th Hour for Small Webcasters, includes interview with Paul Merrell from StreamLicensing.com