“Hijacking airwaves, a secret network of DJs broadcast messages of hope to keep the memory of a former America alive,” reads the press release for a marketing campaign that has captured our imagination here at Radio Survivor. “Resistance Radio” was created to promote the Amazon television series “The Man in The High Castle.” Steve Coulson of the marketing agency Campfire is our guest on the podcast.
“Resistance Radio” exists outside of the television program as a collection of fictional pirate radio broadcasts currently available online. DJs speak from their secret bunkers, describing a war-torn dystopian America. As one DJ opines, “always subversive, rarely lucrative, Resistance Radio.”
Coulson gives us the inside scoop on how Resistance Radio came to be and also reveals some hidden tidbits embedded within the “broadcasts.”
Please help us our work in providing community radio and podcasting coverage seen nowhere else. If we don’t do it, it won’t get done.
- Resistance Radio website
- Jennifer’s Review of Resistance Radio: Mesmerizing, Dystopian Pirate Radio
- The marketing agency behind the project: Campfire
- College Radio: Then, Now, and Next Symposium at University of Virginia
- Spinning Indie Field Trip – WHRC at Haverford College
- Radio Station Visit #123 – WVCW at Virginia Commonwealth University
Just one dollar a month makes you a patron of Radio Survivor. Help us through our Patreon Campaign!