A recent Slate article about the podcast challenge to NPR added fuel to the debate about how the public broadcaster should respond to this disruption. Paul jumps into the fray to posit that superserving affiliates and local listeners is key to NPR’s future, while Eric argues that calls for a shift in how coverage is done.
In College Radio Watch Jennifer Waits reports back from the University of California Radio Network conference, held in the beautiful environs of KZSC in Santa Cruz.
Enormous thanks go to Dale Connelly for suggesting our new tagline:
The Sound of Strong Communities #radiosurvivortagline
— Dale Connelly (@daleconnelly) March 16, 2016
Please help us go terrestrial, making the the show available to non-commercial radio stations everywhere. Please contribute to our Patreon campaign to make this happen.
- Slate: The Fight for the Future of NPR
- Ernesto Aguilar: Public Radio Will Outlive Digital, Promise
- KSZC at University of California, Santa Cruz
- Jennifer’s KZSC Tour
- Nice Little Static – Anna Friz’s website
- College Radio Unites at KZSC-Hosted Spring 2016 UCRN Conference
- College Radio Watch: Celebrating Radio Art