We examine digital radio in Norway, where the biggest FM stations will go away in 2017, and in the US, where the adoption of HD Radio has been slow. We also assess Apple’s new, and underwhelming, Beats 1 Radio. In college radio news Jennifer reviews the upcoming CBI conference and podcasts at WMSE in Milwaukee, WI. Finally, Matthew reviews the record on Lewis Hill’s original intent for listener participation in the Pacifica network.
- Digital Watch: Apple’s Beats 1 Radio Is Safe as Milk
- Radio After FM Technology on the Kojo Nnamdi Show
- WMSE Milwaukee
- Urban Knights Radio
- Spinning Indie Field Trip 46 – Urban Knights Radio
- College Broadcasters Inc Minneapolis conference
- College Radio Watch: 50 Best College Radio Stations; 2 New FM Stations; WSOU Metal Countdown; WMSE Adds Podcasts
- “The Theory of Listener Supported Radio,” by Lewis Hill, founder of the Pacifica Network.